SiouxSports.com Forum

LETS MAKE A DECISION!

coachdags

"If UND moves up to D-I, it could force other NCC members to do the same. Other speculation has some schools going south to join the D-II Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletic Association, which could leave the NCC's survival in jeopardy."

"could force" means SCSU's recent talk of DI-AA.

But the "some schools", plural, and MIAA really has me interested. I'd only heard UN-Omaha make noise like that. Would USD or Augustana look that direction too? They could play NSIC schools non-conference for Twin Cities exposure and get exposure in the St. Louis and Kansas City area (MIAA). Not a bad situation for a potential DII MIAA member from any accounting.

A scenario like that could really leave SCSU, Duluth, and Mankato jammed up.

we haven't gotten a player out of SD (once a hotbed for future Sioux football players) in a number of years. If we aren't getting the talent we once were getting and soon we're struggling to put together winning seasons at the D-II level attendance will drop far more than it will during a D-I exploratory period.

It's funny you put that, because I was wondering the other day about how it has been a while since we have gotten SD players. Although, I think it is more due to less recruitment in SD rather than losing kids to NDSU or SDSU. It's all just my opinion, though, nothing to back it up.

It's funny you put that, because I was wondering the other day about how it has been a while since we have gotten SD players. Although, I think it is more due to less recruitment in SD rather than losing kids to NDSU or SDSU. It's all just my opinion, though, nothing to back it up.

The number of Wisconsin recruits rose dramatically at roughly the same time the number of SD recruits pretty much stopped altogether, so I'm guessing it was a conscious decision to focus more on Wisconsin, which has far more prospects than SD and no dII football-playing schools. SD doesn't have all that many more prospects than ND, but has a lot of competition for those players. The odds of getting high quality players seems a lot better in Wisconsin, where we are mainly competing with UMD, SCSU, Winona St. and a few others for the top dII prospects.