SIOUX VS BEAVERS PART 2

AZSIOUX

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st intermission trivia...winner will get a hand signed tony hrkac card

name the 2 goalies from BEMIDJI that have played for the sioux and what was both of their overall records when the played for the sioux?

1st correct response will win card...

Parise with 10 saves, Sedevie with 5.

I don't like that ratio, boys. We'll still be killing the penalty at the start of the next period. Hopefully once that is over we will take over this game. It's my impression (I'm only half paying attention as I'm research digital cameras while listening in) is that the Sioux are starting to even things up a bit, and just have to get through Prp's pk.

name the 2 goalies from BEMIDJI that have played for the sioux and what was both of their overall records when the played for the sioux?

That's a tough one. We're celebrating Dagies 4,000 posts, can't we all have door prizes???

Steve Peters 7-5-2

and

Toby Kvalevog 52-50-9

I knew the names (that part was easy) but I cheated to get their W/L...

Some early thoughts:

1. Both goaltenders are on their game tonight.

2. BSU is on their game tonight. So much so that I think it should be 1-0 BSU.

3. The "Superstupidwhythehellwouldyoudothat" award favorite for post game so far goes to Prpich. What an idiotic idea. What's he doing on the PP anyway? Stupid. Just plain stupid.

4. BSU 10 UND 5. That's the shot total right now. See something interesting? Yup. We don't score goals by passing around the perimeter 100 times. Shoot it shoot it shoot it. As amateur as this sounds, I'd like to see what happens if, on the PP, the Sioux impose a 3 touch shoot rule. Meaning you can only touch the puck three times in the offensive zone before attempting a shot. 3 passes and then a shot, 3 passes and then a one timer, 2 passes and then a one timer, whatever. It might not work, but at least it would be worth a shot.

For the second period:

1. PLAY WITH DISCIPLINE! Good grief! How many PPs can we give them before they score? Let's not find out!

2. Shoot the puck. Don't be afraid to shoot then crash the net looking for a rebound.

3. Outlet passing. Let's worry about getting it out of the zone before we worry about who is going to shoot it on net. There are going to be very few "perfect outlet scenarios" in this game. Let's start thinking about just getting it out and making the best of what we can get.

4. Neutral zone play. My goodness, between the turnovers in our zone and the neutral zone... I don't like this much. We HAVE to improve this.

Student body president on with GL. Was his idea to get the band down in the lower bowl. Says he believes the Students should get 2 lower bowl end sections and 2 upper bowl end sections (I think that's what I heard). Feels that would be a better arrangement. Will accept either end, but prefers the end the Sioux shoot at twice. Just wants to keep the same number of seats as they currently have. Would rope off the upper row to allow the suites to see.

Feels there's been a huge improvement in creating a better atmosphere for families.

Will be talking with Jody? and Tom Buning in the next couple of weeks to discuss moving. Also to discuss student complaints about standing. GL says he wants to have him back on later in the year for an update on these issues.

Sounds like a bright kid.

2. Shoot the puck. Don't be afraid to shoot then crash the net looking for a rebound.

Maybe we're trying to tire them out so we can score more in the 3rd period :silly: Sorry, that was the thought process from someone on last night's game thread, posted earlier today, regarding the 5-3 last night when the Sioux kept passing and not shooting.