SiouxSports.com Forum

FSN Live

bincitysioux

For those of you across the country that get Fox Sports North, the ad in the GF Herald said "Watch Thursday at 10:00 p.m.". Not sure what this means but FSN Live usually airs before and after Gopher Hockey games (which would be Fri & Sat)........

Anyways, the ad said guests will be Jim Kleinsasser (he dunked on me in high school :D ), Roger Thomas, Dave Morinville (Moorhead Highschool Hockey Coach), and Dave Hakstol.

Hosted by former Fighting Sioux homer/Current Gopher Homer Marni Gellner (my college roomate's cousin and ex-WDAZ weekend anchor).

Ironically, Marni Gellner was once a guest speaker in a class that I was in with John Bernstrom while we were at UND. She went on to Midwest Sports Channel (now Fox Sports North), and Bernstrom got her job. And here I am, a big nobody, reminiscing about them.

Edited by bincitysioux

For those of you across the country that get Fox Sports North, the ad in the GF Herald said "Watch Thursday at 10:00 p.m.". Not sure what this means but FSN Live usually airs before and after Gopher Hockey games (which would be Fri & Sat)........

Anyways, the ad said guests will be Jim Kleinsasser (he dunked on me in high school :D ), Roger Thomas, Dave Morinville (Moorhead Highschool Hockey Coach), and Dave Hakstol.

Hosted by former Fighting Sioux homer/Current Gopher Homer Marni Gellner (my college roomate's cousin and ex-WDAZ weekend anchor).

Ironically, Marni Gellner was once a guest speaker in a class that I was in with John Bernstrom while we were at UND. She went on to Midwest Sports Channel (now Fox Sports North), and Bernstrom got her job. And here I am, a big nobody, reminiscing about them.

With all due respect, I wouldn't call John Bernstrom an anybody. We make fun of that dude everytime we see him. I do a great impression of his bumbling style. That dude is one funny lookin fella.

With all due respect, I wouldn't call John Bernstrom an anybody. We make fun of that dude everytime we see him. I do a great impression of his bumbling style. That dude is one funny lookin fella.

Damn, what does that say about me?!? :D Really though, I like Bernstrom. I've noticed during broadcasts of football and basketball games that he gets lost in his notes some, but I remember when Marni Gellner, as easy on the eyes as she was ;) , constantly fumbled through the highlights on the weekend sports casts. It was like pulling teeth trying to listen to her. Personally, I think they should move Bernstrom to Fargo and give him Steve Hallstrom's job. ;)

I'm related to him by marriage and our families are close, best people in the world to know.

Great thing about North Dakota (?) is you know him/her, know someone who knows him/her or you're related to him/her! Kleinsasser lived across the street from me when he was a UND student. Now that's one funny looking guy. (I'm being polite.) :D

Minnesota, Northwest Minnesota to be more precise. One time my mom answered the phone, it was a wrong number but she knew the person and they had a 45 minute conversation.

Sorry to get off the track of this thread, it's just nice to think of home and how things like this work.

Minnesota, Northwest Minnesota to be more precise. One time my mom answered the phone, it was a wrong number but she knew the person and they had a 45 minute conversation.

Sorry to get off the track of this thread, it's just nice to think of home and how things like this work.

I went to Washington State to work for a friend of mine for a couple of weeks. The nurses warned me about a patient I was going to see who was very cranky. He walked in wearing bib overalls, pack of Camels in the front pocket and a scowl on his face. He looked at me and said, 'You're new. Where did you come from?' Rather than going through the "I was born in Chicago, etc,", I said I was from North Dakota. His expression changed a teeny, tiny bit. I asked if he knew North Dakota. He said he was from Tolley (sp). I told him my son's great grandparents used to live in Mohall, Gramma and Grandpa Hyatt. He said, 'He's gone now.' Turned out when he was a little guy, Grandpa Hyatt, who worked for the Soo Line, chased him off the tracks and told his parents where he had been playing. When he got home that night he 'got a whoopin'.

Small world.

I tried to resist adding this story but I can't. December 1990 I was in the passenger terminal at Rhien Main Air Base in Frankfurt, Germany waiting for a jet to come back to the Grand Forks area on leave for the holidays, and propose to the girl that is now my wife. Anyway, there are over 300 people in the seating area and we have had several announcements that the jet is further and further delayed. After the fifth or sixth delay announcement the civilian kid sitting next to me, your average looking college student type, says "well, now I' gonna miss all my connections." I asked where he was going and he said Botteneau, ND. I asked why on earth was he going to Botteneau and he said he was a student at NDSU-Botteneau. His dad was stationed at Minot so when he graduated, he choose to continue his school at Botteneau and his folks transfered to Germany and he had just visited them for Thanksgiving. I said, "hey, my girlfriend's brother goes to NDSU-Botteneau". He asked who he was, I told him the name, he says "Oh, he lives next door to me in the dorm." For a split second, the world felt the size of a tennis ball to me.

Alright, I surrender the thread, really!

Edited by Air Force One

OK several yrs ago - In fact the year Hrkacs & Joyce & Johnson & Eddie Etc. were here & we won the National Championship. My wife & I went to San Fransisco that next winter & we were riding the cable cars & ask the conductor where the Hard Rock Cafe was & he said at the end of his line, about a block down - another couple heard us & decided to walk down there with us. As we got inside they ask where were from & we say ND - the gal got all excited & said I'm from ND. We then say GF & she says yes, me too !!! - she was living in Santa Clara Calif. & was just up for the weekend. - As we were talking, the bartender on the other side of the bar kept moving closer & finally asks if were talking about ND - We say yes & he says I'm from Oslo Minn & he went to UND - He imediately ask about the Sioux Hockey Team & we say we have season tickets. - So here we are in downtown San Fransisco at the Hard Rock Cafe having a mini reunion :D We find out the gal is a niece of my neighbor & I know the whole family & her Dad & (all her uncles) so she writes them all notes, on napkins from the HRC & we take em home & deliver them to them. ---Talk about small world ;)