SiouxSports.com Forum

bus to Houghton cancelled

YaneA

Just received a call from Al Pearson telling me that the bus trip to Houghton for this weekend's series has been cancelled for lack of interest. That's a shame; it would have been a really great trip.

That is a shame, YaneA. I had a great time in Houghton last year.

That is a shame, YaneA. I had a great time in Houghton last year.

As I posted in the Sioux/MTU thread, I have room for 2-3 more people in my truck. A buddy and I are making the trip. We went last year and even though there weren't as many Sioux fans there due to fb playoffs, we had a great time. So if you are interested just let me know.

The rivalry, the shorter drive, they take a fan bus, more Sioux fans live in MN or closer to Duluth than Michigan....need I go on?

Although I would love to go. But I think I am going to save my trip to Michigan for Detroit. When Ford Field hosts the Frozen Four.

I'll be there. Flying in on Friday. The bad news is that UND hasn't called me about my tickets yet. ;) I'm hoping/sure that Tech will have some available.

I'll be there. Flying in on Friday. The bad news is that UND hasn't called me about my tickets yet. ;) I'm hoping/sure that Tech will have some available.

I sure hope so. I'm planning on picking up tickets at the door so they better have tickets available. I'd be pretty pissed off if I drove 10 hours and couldn't go to the games. :D

I looked up past games and it seems like the UND-Tech are 75% capacity at the most in Houghton so I'm pretty certain tickets will be available. Only the Winter Carnival and NMU games sell out at Tech.

Why do so many Sioux fans go to the games at Minnesota-Duluth, but not to Michigan Tech?

Duluth is two hours north of Minneapolis/St Paul. Houghton is about 3-4 more hours and a time zone change north and east of that. Throw in about 15 feet of snow (ok, a slight embellishment) and it's not exactly an easy drive in the winter. That being said, it is a great road trip. Sorry, ftnsiouxhockey, as much as I want to...

The rivalry, the shorter drive, they take a fan bus, more Sioux fans live in MN or closer to Duluth than Michigan....need I go on?

Although I would love to go. But I think I am going to save my trip to Michigan for Detroit. When Ford Field hosts the Frozen Four.

You're not going to Michigan until 2008? That's not a "Sioux Hockey Fanatic" statement... :D;)