SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday NE Game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the way home from pheasant hunting I listened to Sonmor crying about the refs in tonite's game.  Just now Schmidt completely overlooked a gopher player hook down a Nanook, steal the puck, and the gophers tie it at 3.  Nanook coach is ticked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you at least get some pheasant?

Nanooks just scored for a 3-2 lead over MN. Goofs tie it after the homer refs missed an obvious tripping violation by the golden boys. Woog even admitted to the mugging. Around 5-minutes remaining.

In Sonmor's questionable opinion, it hasn't sunk into some of the Gophers yet what it takes to play college hockey.

Anybody see the two games?  Is A-F better than I think or are the Gophers struggling that badly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A little of both. UAF has a good goaltender and good size up front. They play very physical. Their physicality knocked Minny off their game. If it weren't for Frazee tonight, UAF would have swept.

In Sonmor's questionable opinion, it hasn't sunk into some of the Gophers yet what it takes to play college hockey.

Anybody see the two games?  Is A-F better than I think or are the Gophers struggling that badly?

AF has some very skilled players and they can make you pay if you give them opportunities. I didn't think they were as fast or skilled as MN, but they work very hard, and again, they can score some goals.