SiouxSports.com Forum

American Indian - DNA testing

GrahamKracker

Instead of going through all of this to "prove" your Indian, I encourage all of you who have children/friends that will soon be attending UND to check the "NA" box on the application. Instead of only 450 "so-called" Indians on campus, we could have 1000's....what a great concept!!

If the NA box is checked, UND will not even question it. Trust me because I brought my BIA form w/ me, and they said they didn't need to see it.

Instead of going through all of this to "prove" your Indian, I encourage all of you who have children/friends that will soon be attending UND to check the "NA" box on the application.  Instead of only 450 "so-called" Indians on campus, we could have 1000's....what a great concept!!

If the NA box is checked, UND will not even question it.  Trust me because I brought my BIA form w/ me, and they said they didn't need to see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you get back to us on this after you receive the your children's DNA test results? Someone who has professed such real vs not real Indian racial hatred as you would surely has had his children tested. Don't get your hopes up though and don't take it out on the kids, remember it was your choice to marry and have children with an non-Indian woman.

Wait... I thought GK's whole thing was proving that the nickname was hostile and abusive by using second hand and third hand accounts that cannot be backed up and saying that anyone who disagreed with him was a racist.

Now he's attacking UND?

Uh... yeah... GK's credibility in any facet is gone. Any pro-name change person who feels UND would be better off with a different nickname is one thing, but when they start openly flaming UND on their policies towards the Native Americans... Yeah. Ignored.

Instead of going through all of this to "prove" your Indian, I encourage all of you who have children/friends that will soon be attending UND to check the "NA" box on the application.  Instead of only 450 "so-called" Indians on campus, we could have 1000's....what a great concept!!

If the NA box is checked, UND will not even question it.  Trust me because I brought my BIA form w/ me, and they said they didn't need to see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Kracker,

"Only" $245. Maybe we will turn out to be brothers after all! Wouldn't that be a hoot. I can visualize it already.

I don't think we need to spend the $$. We are all brothers and sisters aren't we? You may like some better than others but at the end of the day we are just just a bunch of schmos trying to make it in this world. Maybe we should be helping each other instead of worrying about a college team being called the Sioux.

Quick question. When you were in combat did you give a rip about the other guy being American Indian, Irish, black, Phillipino etc. or did you want someone who had your back. Works in the real world to. Just because you are a UND guy there are a lot of folks who would "have your back" and that isn't all bad.

only 450 "so-called" Indians on campus,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another 'Hmmm' moment. I missed this early when I read Krack's post. I take the "so-called" Indians on campus to mean that there is support for the Fighting Sioux name and logo amongst the American Indian students on campus, otherwise why the "so-called". I arrived at this conclusion due to Krack's propensity to label American Indians as not real Indian, etc, etc, etc. if they do not oppose the Fighting Sioux name and logo.

Another 'Hmmm' moment. I missed this early when I read Krack's post.  I take the "so-called" Indians on campus to mean that there is support for the Fighting Sioux name and logo amongst the American Indian students on campus, otherwise why the "so-called".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure the "so-called" Indians don't bother going to the protest marches, either. :D