SiouxSports.com Forum

Jeff Glas sets new DII records

PCM

Congrats Jeff

Just for fun if you wanted to make a 50 yard fg who would you put out there Glass or Paterka. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just for the fun of it? Tom Dempsey. :)

After the game, Detroit linebacker Wayne Walker told reporters, "Tom Dempsey didn't kick that field goal. God kicked it."

So I read the article about Jeff breaking the NCAA records in the GF Herald today. Maybe I am reading this wrong but help me out here.

The NCAA confirmed that Jeff broke two D-2 records.........

Career Points (326) - David Purnell, NW Missouri State, 1996-99

&

Career Field Goals (64) - Mike Wood, SW Missouri State, 1974-77

But then I read he also broke Cameron Peterka career UND marks of...

Career Points (347)

&

Career Field Goals (65)

Now I am not a math genius by any step of the imagination but shouldn't those NCAA records have belonged to Cameron in 2001?

The NCAA.........proving that Native American Mascots is wrong, and math is even "wronger"

GF Herald Article

So I read the article about Jeff breaking the NCAA records in the GF Herald today. Maybe I am reading this wrong but help me out here.

The NCAA confirmed that Jeff broke two D-2 records.........

Career Points (326) - David Purnell, NW Missouri State, 1996-99

&

Career Field Goals (64) - Mike Wood, SW Missouri State, 1974-77

But then I read he also broke Cameron Peterka career UND marks of...

Career Points (347)

&

Career Field Goals (65)

Now I am not a math genius by any step of the imagination but shouldn't those NCAA records have belonged to Cameron in 2001?

The NCAA.........proving that Native American Mascots is wrong, and math is even "wronger"

GF Herald Article

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm assuming it must have something to do with post-season field goals made, as this was in the Forum article this morning:

Glas

Where are all of the Glas critics now? I seem to remember a few posts earlier in the year questioning his ability. And last year when people were crying for Cody Saunders. Good work Jeff we have been lucky to have you. Thanks for not going somewhere to play soccer.

Where are all of the Glas critics now?  I seem to remember a few posts earlier in the year questioning his ability.  And last year when people were crying for Cody Saunders.  Good work Jeff we have been lucky to have you.  Thanks for not going somewhere to play soccer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a formula for everybody. Jeff Glass=7=AUTOMATIC.

Glas needs just one more field goal to tie the dII single season record for most field goals made. As for career records, Glas already has the dII mark, but something to watch for might be the all-divisions record of 87. Jeff currently has 76, with hopefully six games to go. ;)