SiouxSports.com Forum

Next Hurdle

Sioux #805

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this or posted it, but it appears that there is yet another obstacle in the way of the Fighting Sioux being able to use their Logo. I personally don't think the NCAA has any business telling schools what to call themselves. They should be busy enough regulating the goings on with athletics.

Latest Ruling News...

I know what everyone on this board thinks about the issue. I am wondering if anyone has any information as to what UND's next plan of attack would be.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this or posted it, but it appears that there is yet another obstacle in the way of the Fighting Sioux being able to use their Logo.  I personally don't think the NCAA has any business telling schools what to call themselves.  They should be busy enough regulating the goings on with athletics.

Latest Ruling News...

I know what everyone on this board thinks about the issue.  I am wondering if anyone has any information as to what UND's next plan of attack would be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a discussion on the Sioux Name Forum as to the recent ruling by the NCAA. There is a press confrence at 3pm today.

It seems to me that no matter what the name of some teams mascots, there will be someone offended. If the intent of the NCAA's original request was to remove hostile and offending names for teams, then in light of the recent events in the gulf coast region, why are the Miami Hurricanes allowed to keep their name? With all the destruction caused recently by hurricanes, how can the name "Hurricane" not evoke an emotional response? How can we let the Miami Hurricanes keep their names?

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this or posted it, but it appears that there is yet another obstacle in the way of the Fighting Sioux being able to use their Logo.  I personally don't think the NCAA has any business telling schools what to call themselves.  They should be busy enough regulating the goings on with athletics.

Latest Ruling News...

I know what everyone on this board thinks about the issue.  I am wondering if anyone has any information as to what UND's next plan of attack would be.

"It allows the University of North Dakota to begin to make the transition that is necessary," he said. "This is something that begins to set the road straight ... This begins to right the wrongs of history."

Sorry, buddy. But if you think UND giving up the nickname is going to provide one iota of difference you are so sadly mistaken. You've just got the wrong issue.