SiouxSports.com Forum

Z-Par

GBpakrzz

Zach apparently had a very good training camp. Some of the people on various Devils Chat Boards have said that he should be on at least 2nd line playing with very good people(some have even suggested he play with elias). Basically it would be a huge disappointment for the Devils and their organization for zach not to play there this year. Expect him to make an impact on their squad.

something tells me that its 24 players...but Parise is apparently having a good camp and is almost certain to make the team(if not one of the top 2 or 3 lines)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did the research else thread. According to the rules set up as a result of the 1995 CBA agreement, the roster size now for regular season play is 23 players.

At the time (1995) it was 24, but the league decided that, in the event of any expansion, the limit would decrease to 23. Don't know why, but that's what the writing said.

thats great to see, i mentioned stats in the former players thread...

Both Parise & Bochenski were named the #1 star in each of their games tonight.  Bochenski w/ 3g & 1a, Parise with 1g plus one more in the shoot-out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have dish or directv, Rangers/Devils on Tuesday night is supposed to be on one of the Fox Sports Net stations, FSNY or NESN maybe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone know if preseason games are blacked out on Fox Sports TV stations, if one doesn't have the Center Ice add-on?

I don't believe it is a blackout issue. Many of these games simply are not being televised anywhere. The Red Wings, Islanders and Rangers have been on a couple of times. Some of these games appear on the regional FOX networks and, as someone else said, if you receive those channels in the 620's you should get the games which are televised even if you do not have NHLCenterIce.

Zach and Gionta looked very good together tonight vs. the Rangers. Zach got the first NJ goal, a PP on a deflection of a Martin shot from the point. Zach, once again, 1st star, 2 for 2. Can't imagine there is any way he won't make this team. He played for the most part on line 3 with Gionta and Kozlov.

There is no reason he should not make the team, although the debbies just signed Pascal Rheaume today. Look at their centers. Besides Gomez and Parise they have nothing in terms of playmakers. Nothing. Brylin and Rasmussen bring nothing to the table.

BTW, that rangers team you saw out there last night might be the weakest team in the entire league. They have nothing. Even with Jagr and Kaspar in the lineup. Make it 8 consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs. LOL!

There is no reason he should not make the team, although the debbies just signed Pascal Rheaume today.  Look at their centers.  Besides Gomez and Parise they have nothing in terms of playmakers.  Nothing.  Brylin and Rasmussen bring nothing to the table.

BTW,  that rangers team you saw  out there last night might be the weakest team in the entire league.  They have nothing.  Even with Jagr and Kaspar in the lineup.  Make it 8 consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs.  LOL!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the game last night and Z Par did play a limited # of shifts. He was not playing his usual center position and as I found out talking w/ JP Parise at the game he has a dinged wrist and can't take a faceoff right now. That being said he was still out there on the PP and pen kill, as well as 5-5. In his limited playing time he really stood out. His deflection of P Martin's pass was right on the money. (a great looking play btw) He was named #1 star of the game again. I would be shocked if he didn't make the club this year.

btw, the condor (barry tallackson) was playing and I'm not trying to be mean here, but really looked out of place out there. He had one scoring chance but still continues to play much smaller than he is. Also in talking w/ JP he told me that Jordan said he feels like he'll be able to pick up this season where he left off last season, which will be a big help to our young defense.

i know madden from the devils wears #11. i noticed zach was wearing #51. is there a reason for this number? maybe his dad wore it or is it juts a random number since he is a rookie? anybody know??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Discussion on devilsrule is that 51 is a preseason (training camp) number, and he'll likely get a different available number, maybe 9, when the season starts.