SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jersey Devils training camp

JESUS,family,rutgers

Anyone know what James Massen is doing this season than? ECHL, AHL??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Massen got a tryout and was at the NJ rookie training camp last week. Obviously, based on the team camp roster (link above), he wasn't invited to the next step.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello jersey chaser 1,

Both the Devils and the River Rats seem to be a little slow updating the roster/prospects info. A lot of players were sent to Albany the other day, but Zach Parise is in the Devils camp in South Orange. Here is an article with a mention about Zach Parise.My Webpage

not to be a fly in the ointment but I think "EVERYTHING NJ" is kind on an oxymoron....seems like they'd be more specific...like..."whaddya want!!?!!" I'm scared to sign up because I think the mob would knock on my door trying to sell me "something" I'd ultimately regret :lol:

PS - This is a joke JF&R!! :D Us trusting North Dakotans are naturally skeptical of you "east coasters :huh: "....midwestern values.... ;)

PS2 - ALSO - we're kind of scared of New Jersey :)

Sioux Me Now,

That is a VERY BIG ocean behind the tall ship and I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

The only connection I have to organized crime is when I buy pizza! We have too many people and too many cars. The days of New Jersey being a state of big,polluting factories are long gone. For better or worse. Even the last auto plant in the state closed this year. After many,many years of destroying our environment our state is trying to play catch up and it seems to be working. A few years ago, the state decided to buy half of the remaining land on a voluntary basis.The water quality for the ocean and drinking water is aggressively monitored.I remember being down South a few years ago and some resorts are still pumping raw sewage into the ocean. As for the air, hardly anyone can get through inspection without being told to go back to the garage to get the emission levels even lower. No one would think New Jersey is as pristine as North Dakota, but there are a lot of beautiful areas and a lot of wildlife. A lot of people hear about the New Jersey Turnpike and the Sopranos and that's all they know. Here a few websites that show the variety of New Jersey--

www.nj.us/dep/fgw

www.nj.us/dep

www.state.nj.us/travelMy Webpage

Anyone have any idea how Parise came up with the number 51? I know Madden has #11, and I'm sure he won't be giving that up. I just wonder if Zach chose that or if it was given to him by the team. Seems like an odd hockey number. Zach don't look like a center for a football team or anything :blush: I guess it doesn't really matter unless you're superstitious, but it still made me do a double take.

Anyone have any idea how Parise came up with the number 51?  I know Madden has #11, and I'm sure he won't be giving that up.  I just wonder if Zach chose that or if it was given to him by the team.  Seems like an odd hockey number.  Zach don't look like a center for a football team or anything :lol:  I guess it doesn't really matter unless you're superstitious, but it still made me do a double take.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read on another thread that #51 is a training camp number. When the season begins he'll have another number. Which one is up to what's available and what Zach wants.

not to be a fly in the ointment but I think "EVERYTHING NJ" is kind on an oxymoron...

PS2 -  ALSO - we're kind of scared of New Jersey :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right to be scared. :)

Not everything NJ would be on the Devils website. A lot of smart people in NJ are Flyers fans.

Of course I'm biased. I come from the other side of the river. I'm sure you guys know all about that.

I'm heading to Philly Friday to see the Devils v Flyers. Hope to see Parise in person for the first time. Always liked him.