SiouxSports.com Forum

Tribes vote for NCAA, against UND

PCM

Also up until college you are pretty much taught that the teacher is always right on grades you recieve and while you can question them about it, your grade will never change. Maybe you can rewrite your paper, but as it is now, this is the grade you got and it's the grade you'll get. You get a bad grade on a paper and you don't go to the principal and file a complaint about the teacher. Many freshman aren't even going to think of questioning their the teacher or the grade they recieved.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that there have been multiple complaints about this particular instructor to the Department Chair but more about being a poor teacher and not communicating with the students and inconsistent standards which this would fall under.  The best thing for students to do is to complain to their advisors and the department chair for that particular instructor. 

In case students don't understand,  the faculty works for you and the taxpayers of the state of North Dakota.  Teachers with the condescending attitudes, unwilling to consider others opinions, need to be challenged by their students for substandard work.  It goes without saying,  it needs to be in a respectful and constructive manner. 

It is a pet peave of mine.  When I was a freshman,  my Comp 101 grade dropped from an A to a C for writing a paper about Vietnam war protestors which was not in agreement with our leftist instructor.  He was a grad student and wouldn't discuss the grade with me.  I wasn't smart enough to challenge his attitude.  (I don't think the drop in my grade had anything to do with the trips to Judy's bar or Frenchies).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been saying this for years, while some try to stick their heads in the sand and say your crazy. Ira