SiouxSports.com Forum

Jason Blake

CVCL

Sparky's goal was classic, and gives me goose bumps whenever I watch it. Too bad I was in New York and never saw it live. I make it up by watching it whenever I want to see some hockey.

Actually I think that crop was fairly weak. I know there were better 1 on 1 moves than some of the lucky crap that went into that list. Afinogenov's crazy figure skating goal was absolutely amazing too. That he could keep control of that puck whilst pirouetting between the goalie and defense is crazy. I would have put that as number 2.

Spirko's goal is still number one in my heart as well. Quite possibly the most amazing goal I've ever seen live... ;)

What makes Blake's goal so much more amazing is the fact that he did it while going into the teeth of the vaunted Minnesota Wild trap. And then he lights up Roli, which isn't an easy thing to accomplish the past couple of seasons. Boy I miss Blake, as Jordan Leopold once called him, "The Energizer Bunny". Nothing could be more true. :glare: