SiouxSports.com Forum

Authentic Sioux Hockey Jerseys

Uncle_Rico

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are buying the jersey from REA, you'll still have to. They don't personalize the jerseys themselves. They fax orders to where ever it is that does the jerseys and then that place does the customization. It might still end up being cheaper though seeing as my Panzer jersey cost me over $80 just to have it customized at HoE. :D

Unless you are buying the jersey from REA, you'll still have to.  They don't personalize the jerseys themselves.  They fax orders to where ever it is that does the jerseys and then that place does the customization.  It might still end up being cheaper though seeing as my Panzer jersey cost me over $80 just to have it customized at HoE.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it was around $60 for my Jones one...

Greeting all, this is my first post on this site. The current Sioux hockey jersey I got was an authentic 2001-2002 from Home of Economy, can't remember the price but it was in the $150 ballpark. How much will the Ralph ones cost? I'm in the market for getting an update since my current one is showing a bit of wear and tear now.

welcome aboard siouxsports!!

did you get it personalized back in 01/02?

they are 179.23. the link for the ralph shop is listed above.then i assume a extra charge to get it personalized.

Greeting all, this is my first post on this site. The current Sioux hockey jersey I got was an authentic 2001-2002 from Home of Economy, can't remember the price but it was in the $150 ballpark. How much will the Ralph ones cost? I'm in the market for getting an update since my current one is showing a bit of wear and tear now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Ralph just got in authentic Nike Sioux Hockey jerseys this week.  I talked to someone there today and they said they hope to be able to start personalizing them with name and numbers in about a month or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time I tried to get one I found out they sent them to the Twin Cities. Possibly to the College Shop at the Mall of America, you can get them done there too.

No. I thought it was a game worn jersey...but I never figured you'd let it go...if you want to sell it, tell me how much...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can get a Game Worn Devils Commodore jersey for $175 on August 5. MeiGray is the company that sells all NHL jerseys now and is having a 50% sale right now. Each team is a different day and the Devils are on August 5. Here's the Devils page and here's the press release on the sale if you are interested.

You can get a Game Worn Devils Commodore jersey for $175 on August 5.  MeiGray is the company that sells all NHL jerseys now and is having a 50% sale right now.  Each team is a different day and the Devils are on August 5.  Here's the Devils page and here's the press release on the sale if you are interested.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks...I'll try it...

welcome aboard siouxsports!!

did you get it personalized back in 01/02?

they are 179.23. the link for the ralph shop is listed above.then i assume a extra charge to get it personalized.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I left it blank, thought about personalizing it at one time then forgot all about it.

the ones at the ralph are NIKE which they wear on the ice..i have never seen the bookstore carry nike..only koronis and those god awful fuggly alternative jerseys.i believe this is the difference??

DIGGLER??

So whats up with the UND Bookstore selling them for $120 and REA selling for $180?  I got a replica for $50 from the REA and no complaints...nicer than my ECHL replica I payed $100 for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the difference is that the Bookstore is selling Koronis jerseys, which while made out of dazzle material are still just replicas. The ones sold at REA are Nike authentics.

Problems with the Koronis jersey:

Overall Jersey Design

• It is composed of several different pieces of material. The front, the back, the two sides, the two underarms and the two sleeves. The jersey should be made of just one piece of material I believe.
  • It only doubles back a small amount at the bottom of the jersey. It should double back much more, like any typical hockey jersey does.
  • It does not have double elbows or double stitching. It also doesn't have a fight strap, but replicas don't usually have a fight strap so this ok.
  • The green is not the correct color. It is a bit too light.
  • End of the sleeves are too narrow.
    • The white jerseys have green on black letters. This is not correct. On white jerseys it is black on white on green letters. There is a similair problem with the black jersey.
    • The logo is not correct, it is too light in color, lacking detail and too small.
    • I do not believe the actual letters and logo are the correct material.
    • Because it is not the real thing, they have small TM next to the shoulder patches and on the logo.
    • The size of the letters on the jersey is too large in length and they are not angled correctly. The "Sioux" noticably angles up and then back down when it should be nearly straight.

Sides and Collar of Jersey

• The side of the jersey is not correct. The two secondary colors (i.e. green and black on a white jerseys) end. The only color on the sides of the jersey is the main color (i.e. white on a white jersey). Each color should go all the way around jersey.
      • The collar is incorrect as the diamonds are too large.
      • Assuming you are wearing it. the right side of the collar overlaps the left side. The two sides should meet without any overlapping.
      • The colors on collar on the black jersey are in the incorrect order from top to bottom going green, white, black. It should be black, white, green.
      • Collar is too thing.

Diagonal Striping at bottom of Jersey

[*]Due to problem mentioned above about the sides of the jersey, the stripes do not meet in the center (or at least near the center) of the jersey.

[*]Top strip is too thin/Middle strip too thick.

[*]It is difficult to see in a picture, but no colors are sewn on top of others. The main color should be sewn on top of the two secondary colors (i.e. white should be sewn on top of black and green on a white jersey). The same thing goes for the sleeves.

[*]The color that is at the top(i.e. black diagonal line on the white jersey); The left side and the right side both extend to the bottom of the jersey. Assuming you are wearing it, the left side should extend to the bottom of the jersey and the right side should stop where it meets the left side.

[*]The primary color of the jersey should not extend to the bottom of the jersey on the left. It should end when it meets the top secondary color.

Here is an authentic Nike jersey:

authwhtjersey0hl.jpg

Here is a Koronis jersey:

ds91059xl8ss.jpg

You can see the differences, the wrong color/type of letters and logo, the lack of colors on the sides of the jersey, no double stitching, wrong collar, problems with diagonal striping, etc.

UND should hire me for all this pointless knowledge. Heck, I'd settle for them just giving me a free jersey :ohmy:

Yes, the difference is that the Bookstore is selling Koronis jerseys, which while made out of dazzle material are still just replicas. The ones sold at REA are Nike authentics.

Problems with the Koronis jersey:

Overall Jersey Design

• -It is composed of several different pieces of material, the front is one piece, the back is one piece and then the sides are seperate pieces.  The jersey should be made of just one piece of material I believe.
    -It only doubles back a small amount at the bottom of the jersey. It should double back much more, like any typical hockey jersey does.
    -It does not have double elbows or double stitching. It also doesn't have a fight strap, but replicas don't usually have a fight strap so this ok/
    -The green is not the correct color. It is a bit too light.
    • -The white jerseys have green on black letters.  This is not correct. On white jerseys it is black on white on green letters.
      -The logo is not correct, it is too light in color and lacking detail. 
      -I do not believe the actual letters and logo are the correct material.
      -Because it is not the real thing, they have small
TM next to the shoulder patches and on the logo.
-The size of the letters on the jersey is too large in length and they are not angled correctly. The "Sioux" noticably angles up and then back down when it should be nearly straight.

Sides and Collar of Jersey
-The side of the jersey is not correct. The two secondary colors (i.e. green and black on a white jerseys) end. The only color on the sides of the jersey is the main color (i.e. white on a white jersey). Each color should go all the way around jersey. 

-The collar is incorrect as the diamonds are too large.

Diagonal Striping at bottom of Jersey

-It is difficult to see in a picture, but no colors are sewn on top of others.  The main color should be sewn on top of the two secondary colors (i.e. white should be sewn on top of black and green on a white jersey). The same thing goes for the sleeves.

-The color that is at the top(i.e. black diagonal line on the white jersey); The left side extends to the bottom of the jersey and the right side stops where it meets the left side.  This is wrong it should be the other way around, the right side should extend to the bottom of the jersey and the left side should stop where it meets the right side.  -The primary color of the jersey should not extend to the bottom of the jersey on the left.  It should end when it meets the top secondary color.

Here is an authentic Nike jersey:

authwhtjersey0hl.jpg

Here is a Koronis jersey

ds91059xl8ss.jpg

You can see the differences, the wrong color/type of letters and logo, the lack of colors on the sides of the jersey, no double stitching, wrong collar, problems with diagonal striping, etc.

UND should hire me for all this pointless knowledge.  Heck, I'd settle for them just giving me a free jersey  :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice presentation :0