SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

"this is a website set up for all people wanting to post their views on hockey of all forms"

Sounds like a modern day Tommy Jefferson :lol: .

I agree with Wilbur the West does deserve the same amount of talk the East gets, the only sophomore names you hear on this site are Galbreath, Ladoucer, and Swanson. Nobody seems to be talking about Tyrel McBain who is almost single handedly keeping Hazen in the race for state. The western players tie their skates the same way as Paul Weisgarber or the Campbell cousins. It's pretty classless for SuperSioux to come on here just to let out a personal vendetta on a respected poster like Wilbur.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the defense of those who said Galt didnt have great numbers as a sophomore, will someone please point out how many of the players you listed were defenseman?

For the record, in my post I was responding the the comment by South4life that stated, "Who were the great Seniors that played for South when Galt was a sophomore. I can't remember." In my trip down memory lane I did not restrict myself to the question and focus only on defensemen but simply listed the South players from that team, regardless of position and year in school, who were in the top 25 for scoring at the end of the season. Asssuming he is a South fan I figured that South4life would like to see all of those names and statistics and it would help to restore the memory of that season and create warm feelings of nostalgia. Mauch was a senior forward, Weisgarber a sophomore forward, Kankelfritz a senior forward, and Dalbey a junior forward. Only Brehmer (a senior) and Luecke (a junior) were defensemen. Other senior defensemen included: Eric Andersen (senior), John Macintosh (senior), Ross Miller (senior), and Joe Striegel (senior). This information was taken from "Center Ice: A Preview of Hockey in North Dakota 2003-2004" Ray Maloney editor.

My role in this conversation is simply to provide the names of the players on the team when Galt was a sophomore and not share any opinions on how good he was at that time or any other evaluative activity.

For the record, in my post I was responding the the comment by South4life that stated, "Who were the great Seniors that played for South when Galt was a sophomore. I can't remember." In my trip down memory lane I did not restrict myself to the question and focus only on defensemen but simply listed the South players from that team, regardless of position and year in school, who were in the top 25 for scoring at the end of the season. Asssuming he is a South fan I figured that South4life would like to see all of those names and statistics and it would help to restore the memory of that season and create warm feelings of nostalgia. Mauch was a senior forward, Weisgarber a sophomore forward, Kankelfritz a junior forward, and Dalbey a junior forward. Only Brehmer (a senior) and Luecke (a junior) were defensemen. Other senior defensemen included: Eric Andersen (senior), John Macintosh (senior), Ross Miller (senior), and Joe Striegel (senior). This information was taken from "Center Ice: A Preview of Hockey in North Dakota 2003-2004" Ray Maloney editor.

My role in this conversation is simply to provide the names of the players on the team when Galt was a sophomore and not share any opinions on how good he was at that time or any other evaluative activity.

I believe Kankelfritz was a senior that year as well.

It's going to be Red River winning it all again this year...who's gonna beat them tell me that?

I'm not saying that Red River will not win state but I see that you would like them to repeat as state champions. I beleive the state tournament is played to see who the best team is at the end of the year being that the Region tournaments havent even begun yet I see it hard to make a statement so bold. Red River is a very good hockey team and has a very high chance to win state but i wouldnt go so far as to dubbing them the best at the moment

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. A few observations about the season so far:

-Fargo South and Red River are the two best teams, without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if a team like Grafton or Minot got hot and knocked one off. It only takes one bad game in the state tourney for the whole season to go down the drain.

-The best players in the state are as follows: Paul Weisgarber, the Cousins Campbell, Jarrett Galbreath, Erick Galt, Marc Mihulka, Eli Rosendahl, and Michael Hillman.

-I think the most disappointing team of the year so far has got to be Fargo North. With all the talent they have on the team, one would think that they would be able to put up much, much more offense than they are. The offense is starting to come around a little, but being shut out in 5 out of 7 games to open the season is terrible. It hurts to say that too because those kids are all good guys.

-As for the Mr. Hockey award, I think it is too bad that the voters will focus on stats more than what a kid does for the team. Weisgarber or one of the Campbells will most likely win the award, but if there were an MVP award, I think it would go to Mihulka. It just seems like Red River feeds off him and looks to him to make big plays (i.e., Minot game). He seems like a kid that will be able to throw a team on his back and carry them all the way to the state title. Not saying that Weisgarber or the Campbells aren't valuable, but the Riders without Mihulka would be in the hurt bag badly.

Looking up and down North's roster I only see a two or three players with any significant talent. Maybe I'm missing someone?

It's going to be Red River winning it all again this year...who's gonna beat them tell me that?

I would like to agian apologize for my teammates comments. I hope that they realize that they are making our program look like a huge joke... Please disregard all comments from this user/ and also other users that are visibly Red river hockey players. I hope that this is the last time I have to come on here and say this.

I would like to agian apologize for my teammates comments. I hope that they realize that they are making our program look like a huge joke... Please disregard all comments from this user/ and also other users that are visibly Red river hockey players. I hope that this is the last time I have to come on here and say this.

It's nice to see one Red river player has some class, as for the rest of you fools, your making yourselfs look really bad not to mention embarressing your team.

With that said lets get back on track, I heard that EDC tourney will not be held at the Ralph, NDpride you seem to be very knowledgable, do you know why this is?

X2theZ someone else addressed that issue a month or two ago and said that playing in the Ralph was a money loser. Add to the fact that there are few spectators relative to the number of seats and I suppose you can argue that the atmosphere is not the best for a tournament.

I have to share the sentiments of a number of Grand Forks people, and others, who have expressed concern about the immature posts that have surfaced on this thread. I know a number of players and parents at Red River and it is disrespectful to them and their program to see some of these posts. I guess this is why high school threads are at risk for closure from website administrators who do not want to have to deal with this nonsense.

Quit "apologizing" for your "teamates", this is a faceless/nameless site and anyone can say watever the hell they want to. Half the fun of this site is trying to figure out who is affiliated with which team so quit "outing" people.

Quit "apologizing" for your "teamates", this is a faceless/nameless site and anyone can say watever the hell they want to. Half the fun of this site is trying to figure out who is affiliated with which team so quit "outing" people.

First of all yes you can say whatever you want but if you want to keep looking like an idiot and want noone to listen to you then keep making these posts. And second who really cares where people are from, i know im not sitting here trying to figure out who is from where.

Take it easy. It is contradictory to say that "anyone can say what they want on here" and then tell someone that they cannot offer an apology. It does show some concern for the Red River program to make an apology for some of these posts. I applaud the expression of civility in a world that has lost much of its civility. I'd rather see an apology than the statement to "get the hell off this site" that one of these posters has made. They are making Siouxsports.com a real friendly place. As for the issue of guessing the affiliation of those posting I would think that it does not take much of a guess to figure out where some of these people come from based on their emotional proclamations of who is going to win state.

The EDC won't be at the Ralph because the Sioux will be occupying it that weekend against Duluth.

This should make for a pretty good EDC tournament i think the atmosphere of the rink(ratio of seats to fans)

will be much more exciting. I'm looking forward to the upcoming tournaments

Take it easy. It is contradictory to say that "anyone can say what they want on here" and then tell someone that they cannot offer an apology. It does show some concern for the Red River program to make an apology for some of these posts. I applaud the expression of civility in a world that has lost much of its civility. I'd rather see an apology than the statement to "get the hell off this site" that one of these posters has made. They are making Siouxsports.com a real friendly place. As for the issue of guessing the affiliation of those posting I would think that it does not take much of a guess to figure out where some of these people come from based on their emotional proclamations of who is going to win state.

I do agree with the fact that anyone is entitled to post on this thread but I strongly agree with ND PRIDE in the sense that the posts made by the obvious "red river fans/players or whoever" are creating a hostile environment for logical unbiased posters. Someone voices their opinion and then in response an individual or in this case individuals lash out and attack them for disagreeing with them and having a different pespective on the topic. Not only does it seem immature but may result in the termination of this thread. Some advice for everyone is to as Lives-to-play-hockey-06 said " Please disregard all comments from this user/ and also other users that are visibly Red river hockey players." I do not think that anyone speaking highly of red river should be accused of being a player talking up his team but if the posts that are clearly inappropriate continue it is likley the disagreements will carry on

I do agree with the fact that anyone is entitled to post on this thread but I strongly agree with ND PRIDE in the sense that the posts made by the obvious "red river fans/players or whoever" are creating a hostile environment for logical unbiased posters. Someone voices their opinion and then in response an individual or in this case individuals lash out and attack them for disagreeing with them and having a different pespective on the topic. Not only does it seem immature but may result in the termination of this thread. Some advice for everyone is to as Lives-to-play-hockey-06 said " Please disregard all comments from this user/ and also other users that are visibly Red river hockey players." I do not think that anyone speaking highly of red river should be accused of being a player talking up his team but if the posts that are clearly inappropriate continue it is likley the disagreements will carry on

I also agree. If a fan wants to talk up his team, so be it, but lets keep everything appropriate. As posted earlier by ND PRIDE, we don't want this entire thread to get shut down.

The EDC won't be at the Ralph because the Sioux will be occupying it that weekend against Duluth.

It was also decided by Craig Parry and Todd Olson (Past and present ADs in GF) that the tournament was getting to be expensive when it was being held at the Ralph, and it was not getting filled up. Becuase the Ralph staff have been able to schedule around games like last year during the state tournament when the Sioux played Wisconsin. Also, it gives the East teams an advantage when they are allowed more time on that ice. And the last reason that they decided to move it is because it lacks the common exciting atmosphere when there are small amounts of people in such a large area.