SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Actually that big defensmen from the Minot JV team was pulled from the line as they were shaking hands and told to get off the ice. Also, during the varsity game Minot JV players came and sat near the RR JV team and they were running there mouth. They were quickly shut up when they realized they lost 4-1.

It must have been only one or two because I pretty much sat next to the Minot JV team for the entire game, and they were sitting about right on the goal line of Minots end.

I'm sure it was just the fact that the Minot players are unclassy, the Red River players had nothing to do with this.... :blush:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated before RR dominated the second half of the first and whole second period. They came out very flat in the third and Minot capitalized on there odd man rush, and point blank oppertunities. The more i watch LaDoucer and Galbreath the more amazed I am with how good they are. Hope to see them in a Sioux Uniform in a few years.

Actually that big defensmen from the Minot JV team was pulled from the line as they were shaking hands and told to get off the ice. Also, during the varsity game Minot JV players came and sat near the RR JV team and they were running there mouth. They were quickly shut up when they realized they lost 4-1.

As stated before RR dominated the second half of the first and whole second period. They came out very flat in the third and Minot capitalized on there odd man rush, and point blank oppertunities. The more i watch LaDoucer and Galbreath the more amazed I am with how good they are. Hope to see them in a Sioux Uniform in a few years.

I think there are bigger battles on the home front. i.e: Being the starting D on a team that let in 4 goals to a West team. I'd say solve that before they apply for early entry into the NHL draft.

Point of Reference: being as your an extra/ JV player, I feel it is unacceptable rip on your opposition as they are rather defenseless in this situation.

I hope your kidding about seeing those two in Sioux uniforms. The last thing we need is two defensemen who are going to have trouble handling forwards from Concordia, trying to handle forwards from Denver. If you think saying they'd have trouble with forwards from Concordia is a stretch, give Cory Johnson a call, I'm sure he'd love to have a one on one against them.

Well for one thing i have nothing to do with the RR hockey team. You say they are not that good, they are both putting up stats similar to Galts sophomoer year, or did Galt see much PT as a sophomoer? I think you can find a lot of people who KNOW both Galbreath and LaDoucer are better players than Swanson, including every coach and player that has played agaist all of these. Both Galbreath and LaDoucer have participated in Festivals and have done very well. Galbreath did turn down offers to leave his sophomoer season, both have played elite league both have been invitded to USHL and Junior A tryouts. On the Eli Rosendahl note, i dont know what ticked you off. Noone said anythign about him moving on to the next level, and nor does he have any intentions to. You say he isnt a Lameroux, Walski, Ziggleman; I agree 100% and noone sais he was.

You obviously know nothing about high school hockey and watch very little if any. Also, noone said anything about them being drafted in early rounds of the NHL draft or being the next crosby.

I hope your kidding about seeing those two in Sioux uniforms. The last thing we need is two defensemen who are going to have trouble handling forwards from Concordia, trying to handle forwards from Denver. If you think saying they'd have trouble with forwards from Concordia is a stretch, give Cory Johnson a call, I'm sure he'd love to have a one on one against them.

I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you on this one, they are both amazingly talented high school hockey players. Not to mention they are SOPHOMORES!! I have seen both of them play extensively this year and I would be willing to bet that both of them will be highly recruited D-I prospects when their time comes. They will both be 6 feet tall and if they put on some muscle, which juniors will assist in, they will be just fine. Sometimes people forget that its not all about strength when it comes to stopping oppsoing forwards, it has a lot to do with positioning and hockey smarts, both of which are qualties these guys portray. As a matter of fact, they remind me alot of a younger current Sioux recruit, Jake Marto. Not by any means the biggest or strongest guy on the ice, but he sees the ice as well as anyone and he seems to be doing just fine.

I think there are bigger battles on the home front. i.e: Being the starting D on a team that let in 4 goals to a West team. I'd say solve that before they apply for early entry into the NHL draft.

Point of Reference: being as your an extra/ JV player, I feel it is unacceptable rip on your opposition as they are rather defenseless in this situation.

If you would have been at the game against Minot you would have seen that only Galbreath was on the ice for one of the 4 goals while Ladouceur was serving a penalty. So your statement clearly makes no sense. Please don't talk on this thread if all you are going to say is false information.

I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you on this one, they are both amazingly talented high school hockey players. Not to mention they are SOPHOMORES!! I have seen both of them play extensively this year and I would be willing to bet that both of them will be highly recruited D-I prospects when their time comes. They will both be 6 feet tall and if they put on some muscle, which juniors will assist in, they will be just fine. Sometimes people forget that its not all about strength when it comes to stopping oppsoing forwards, it has a lot to do with positioning and hockey smarts, both of which are qualties these guys portray. As a matter of fact, they remind me alot of a younger current Sioux recruit, Jake Marto. Not by any means the biggest or strongest guy on the ice, but he sees the ice as well as anyone and he seems to be doing just fine.

Wow you know youre stuff, seeing how I'm not even from Grand Forks, not to mention I havent been in High School for six years. Good point to on how they would be being recruited by D-1 schools if they were that good, seeing how they are SOPHOMORES and recruiting laws prohibit contact between a team and player before the end of their junior season. But I guess its me that doesnt know my stuff right, when you feel like growing up and making meaningful conversation, post again. I have never said that Eric Galt or Paul Weisgarber are not very talented players, but to say that LaDouceur and Galbreath arent amazing talents for their age is just stupid. Never did I state that they are as talented as Ryan Poltuny or that they will be drafted in the 2nd round, I just said that they are two very smart, talented, young defenseman who could definitley one day be D-I prospects. I have also never claimed that Rosendahl is a god, have I once said that he is a Phillipe Lamoureux or Aaron Walski....No. Also, you might not know this but in the one year Rosendahl tried out for elites, he split time with Oakland and had very similar stats. The only reason Oakland left high school is because he was on a terrible team with no sign of improvement. As I stated earlier, you need to grow up and think about what youre saying before you say it. If you dont know your facts, shut up.

I was at the Grafton-Minot game, and it was a pretty good game. You could tell that Minot had played a game the day before because they started a little flat, but after that it was a hard fought game that could have gone either way. The Campbells are great hockey players, and work really well together. They just seem to know exactly where each other will be.

Kringstad....man....well he's a goalie.....I guess he keeps the game loose for the spectators.... :lol:

Wow you know youre stuff, seeing how I'm not even from Grand Forks, not to mention I havent been in High School for six years. Good point to on how they would be being recruited by D-1 schools if they were that good, seeing how they are SOPHOMORES and recruiting laws prohibit contact between a team and player before the end of their junior season. But I guess its me that doesnt know my stuff right, when you feel like growing up and making meaningful conversation, post again. I have never said that Eric Galt or Paul Weisgarber are not very talented players, but to say that LaDouceur and Galbreath arent amazing talents for their age is just stupid. Never did I state that they are as talented as Ryan Poltuny or that they will be drafted in the 2nd round, I just said that they are two very smart, talented, young defenseman who could definitley one day be D-I prospects. I have also never claimed that Rosendahl is a god, have I once said that he is a Phillipe Lamoureux or Aaron Walski....No. Also, you might not know this but in the one year Rosendahl tried out for elites, he split time with Oakland and had very similar stats. The only reason Oakland left high school is because he was on a terrible team with no sign of improvement. As I stated earlier, you need to grow up and think about what youre saying before you say it. If you dont know your facts, shut up.

Well for one thing i have nothing to do with the RR hockey team. You say they are not that good, they are both putting up stats similar to Galts sophomoer year, or did Galt see much PT as a sophomoer? I think you can find a lot of people who KNOW both Galbreath and LaDoucer are better players than Swanson, including every coach and player that has played agaist all of these. Both Galbreath and LaDoucer have participated in Festivals and have done very well.]Galbreath did turn down offers to leave his sophomoer season[/font]. both have played elite league both have been invitded to USHL and Junior A tryouts. On the Eli Rosendahl note, i dont know what ticked you off. Noone said anythign about him moving on to the next level, and nor does he have any intentions to. You say he isnt a Lameroux, Walski, Ziggleman; I agree 100% and noone sais he was.

You obviously know nothing about high school hockey and watch very little if any. Also, noone said anything about them being drafted in early rounds of the NHL draft or being the next crosby.

Leave to where?

If you would have been at the game against Minot you would have seen that only Galbreath was on the ice for one of the 4 goals while Ladouceur was serving a penalty. So your statement clearly makes no sense. Please don't talk on this thread if all you are going to say is false information.

During the JV game there was a confrontation between a cocky 19 for RR and a I tihnk it was 5 for Minot. 19 ran his mouth the entire game. he was pulled out of the shaking of the hangs along with 5 and both were given 10 minute misconducts. COurse this wont affect their play, but it should be noted that an instance occured, and the officials did the right thing in this situation.

As far as the taunting goes. Classic West teams running their mouth's again. Liek Schmidt running his mouth and tell the refs they are messing up because his dad and uncle are/were the "big time."

Good luck to all teams however in State and regionals.

I was at the Grafton-Minot game, and it was a pretty good game. You could tell that Minot had played a game the day before because they started a little flat, but after that it was a hard fought game that could have gone either way. The Campbells are great hockey players, and work really well together. They just seem to know exactly where each other will be.

Kringstad....man....well he's a goalie.....I guess he keeps the game loose for the spectators.... :lol:

tough luck for minot, sounds like they had two close games this weekend, they are a pretty solid team from what ive seen and heard this year.......... any other scores from around the state tonight?

During the JV game there was a confrontation between a cocky 19 for RR and a I tihnk it was 5 for Minot. 19 ran his mouth the entire game. he was pulled out of the shaking of the hangs along with 5 and both were given 10 minute misconducts. COurse this wont affect their play, but it should be noted that an instance occured, and the officials did the right thing in this situation.

As far as the taunting goes. Classic West teams running their mouth's again. Liek Schmidt running his mouth and tell the refs they are messing up because his dad and uncle are/were the "big time."

. By the way Eli Rosendahl is over rated. Again, the goalie with the best GAA in the national festival is riding the pine for the FM Jets. How would Rosendahl fair in that leauge? It would be a joke. Rosendahl is a good high school goaltender. That's it. He's no Nate Ziegelmann, Phillipe Lamoureux, Elliot Okland, Aaron Walski, or even Michael Hillman. They are good.; Not Gods, stop treating them like it.

. By the way Eli Rosendahl is over rated. Again, the goalie with the best GAA in the national festival is riding the pine for the FM Jets. How would Rosendahl fair in that leauge? It would be a joke. Rosendahl is a good high school goaltender. That's it. He's no Nate Ziegelmann, Phillipe Lamoureux, Elliot Okland, Aaron Walski, or even Michael Hillman. They are good.; Not Gods, stop treating them like it.

Rosendahl is over rated by who? Okland who had a great national festival a year or two ago is riding the "pine" because the fm jets have a great #1 goaltender who is among the leaders the NAHL for GAA and SV%. No one knows how Rosendahl would fair in the NAHL because he has not played in the NAHL... maybe he would be great maybe not but no one knows. Nate Ziegelmann is Nate Ziegelmann , Phil Lamoureux is Phil Lamoureux, Elliot Okland is Elliot Okland, Aaron Walski is Aaron Walski , and Michael Hillman is Michael Hillman. These are all great goaltenders at their own respective level and no one is saying that Eli Rosendahl is any of these other players

Classic West teams running their mouths? You have got to be kidding me. What is your proof of this? Only teams from the west region get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties? That has got to be one of the worst posts I've ever read... :lol:

I'm sure thats exactly what Schmidt says to the officials. My dad and uncle were the big time, so you're wrong.... :lol: