SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

South and Grafton game was 6-0 and run time in the third period with 1:06 to go and Grafton scored two late goals to close the gap. Weisgarber had two goals and I think the Campbell's were shut out although they played well.

One of my better workers lost his composer on the job, so I being the owner of the company had to fix his mistakes, long story short, i didn't get down to this game but when I heard the score I can't say I was too happy, But some of the players stopped by the shop and we chatted/ate some freshly baked pastries. They didn't seem all that dissapointed, The common answer from all of the players was, we are learning from those mistakes and its making us stronger.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the North - West Fargo game and all I can say is wow. North won 3 - 0 and the story of this game was Justin Welk. North dominated the first period and got all their goals in that period. West Fargo then pretty much dominated the last two peroids. They had many chances but Welk turned all of them away. Klein also played very well. Im not sure on the shots but if North can keep playing like that they could have the potential to maybe knock a WF or maybe even Grafton out of state......

I just got back from the North - West Fargo game and all I can say is wow. North won 3 - 0 and the story of this game was Justin Welk. North dominated the first period and got all their goals in that period. West Fargo then pretty much dominated the last two peroids. They had many chances but Welk turned all of them away. Klein also played very well. Im not sure on the shots but if North can keep playing like that they could have the potential to maybe knock a WF or maybe even Grafton out of state......

The West Fargo/North game was an intense contest. Both teams kept a high intensity level throughout all three periods. West Fargo did have some good opportunities but Welk did shut them down. West Fargo did carry much of the action in the second period but North seemed to be able to provide enough defensive coverage to minimize West Fargo's chances. Welk was the big story, however, as he had an excellent game with his third shut out of the season. Good game for a North team that has struggled a lot this season. I am not sure if it is fair to say West Fargo dominated the third period - they put up some good pressure - especially on their power play opportunities and in the final minute but they had some significant pressure from North's first line as well.

I'm having trouble finding the words to describe this game. North came out in the first and refused to lose. After that they had trouble keeping the offense up except for when its number one unit was on the ice. West Fargo did a great job of picking up the intensity in the 2nd and 3rd but North played solid in the D zone and kept most shots from outside the perimeter. Welk played very strong. I didn't see any shots where he left a rebound. Klein and Fischer carried the team on the scoresheet, working some beautiful give and gos to Klenow and driving to the net. I was most most impressed however with Klenow's play outside the offensive zone. Late in the 3rd he absolutly got demolished behind his net. Instead of laying there like most players, Klenow quickly rose to his feet and tracked down his man, and returned the favor. Thanks to my positioning on the endboards, I was able for the first time to see a guy who is 6'2" cringe.

I was also at this game and I think the refs did a fabulous job of letting these kids play last night. It was a physical and intense game and the officials did a good job of letting it stay that way. West Fargo must have came out flat do to the fact that 4th is almost sealed, however now North has improved their odds greatly of catching the Packers. Goaltending was the major difference in this game in my opinion. Hokoum who was very strong against Shanley the first time I saw him seemed a little shakey last night I'm sure he'd like to have Klein's powerplay goal back and maybe attempt a poke check on Fisher walking out of the corner. On the other end of the ice Welk was phenomenal, puzzling the Pack all night. Despite the win I still do not think they can threat to make state this year. They definitely began to shy away when WF picked up the physical play in the 2nd period, West Fargo's problem right now is their inability to score, they've scored 1 goal against South, Red River, and Grafton combined. In their last 4 games they've scored 7 times thats including 5 vs Mandan. This is gonna be a fun Region Tournament.

Also does anybody know what happened to WF forward Alex Olson, I noticed he was not in the lineup last night, and can somebody tell me how Shanley managed 52 shots and only 1 goal?

RR over Jamestown 4-1. Shots about 45-10. Spivey is a complete moron and should not be reffing. RR was without Spieis due to injury and lost Brown early in the game after a typical Spivey call.

What kept the score close? I would have expected a bigger margin. I have heard a few complaints about refs from GF parents at both schools. I think we need more kids following through and becoming refs after high school and developing so there is a better pool to choose from. Any particular specifics on the problems with the refs?

Anyone have any scores from the West or the Shanley/Kittson Central game?

What kept the score close? I would have expected a bigger margin. I have heard a few complaints about refs from GF parents at both schools. I think we need more kids following through and becoming refs after high school and developing so there is a better pool to choose from. Any particular specifics on the problems with the refs?

Anyone have any scores from the West or the Shanley/Kittson Central game?

Spivey is obsessed with being a ref and makes some of the dumbest calls. GF refs are not that good for the home team that is playing or the away team. Many teams that come to play in GF think that they are being homered but most of the time its the other way around. Tonight I heard Brown was kicked out after saying something to a player and then said something to the ref. I also heard on how two RR players were speared and same with a Jamestown player and none of them were called.

RR over Jamestown 4-1. Shots about 45-10. Spivey is a complete moron and should not be reffing. RR was without Spieis due to injury and lost Brown early in the game after a typical Spivey call.

What happened to Spies and do you know how bad it is?

Hey I don't think we need to be ripping on other people now like we have done in the past when Dave K ran his mouth on this website. Warrior you don't need to say that you don't like ND Pride because he's a dad of a player. Who really cares. He has never talked highly of North or anyone on their team. Did his kid do something to you or your kid? You don't need to make this a hate website.

From what I hear, Spies pulled a muscle in his chest. He could've played (albeit in pain), but they didn't want to take any chances on him getting hurt against Jamestown.

You seem to know details only a player, team personnel or maybe a family member of a RR player would know. Either way discussing player injuries is not a good idea.

Ok here's my summary of the Red River/Jamestown game - There may have been a few questionable calls but I thought they kept control of the game pretty well. Red River dominated all of the play and Jamestown had probably 2 scoring chances (one breakaway goal). I thought Red River had a lot of scoring chances. Jamestown's goalie played pretty well and their D did a pretty good job clearing rebounds. That's probably why it was closer than expected. Did Mihulka score any goals. I know Meland got one...wasn't really listening to who scored other than that. Anything else? ....I don't know. 4-1 Red River