SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully South doesn't overlook their Thursday game against Crookston. Crookston has a decent team this year, I think they tied RR 2-2, but if South plays it's A game they should win by 3 or 4. I haven't seen RR play this year, but I am excited to watch the game on Saturday. I haven't hear about any significant injuries to FS, but that doesn't mean there arent' any.

RR shuts down the Weisgarber line, but can't match the Mcdougal, Doeden, A. Campbell line and lose 4-2.

South has lots of good quality home games left (finally), should be some good hockey during this last month of the regular season. :silly:

As the season progresses and gets closer to postseason, one thing that can change the outlook is injuries. Since The Forum only prints out daily injury reports for Moorhead, does any team have a major injury that might change things. I heard that Doeden from South got hurt and is out for awhile, might miss red river game.

When did this happen?

Saw in The Forum today that the Moorhead squirt B team won a tournament. How can they get more coverage than any Fargo or West Fargo high school team?

More coverage? When was the last time you saw a news station interviewing squirt B kids or have a picture on the front page of the sports section? There wasn't a Fargo team that played yesterday, that im aware of, and they probably needed to fill the spot with somthing.

pretty close id say

G-Eli Rosendahl

D-Jarret Gahlbreath

D-Erik Galt

F-Marc Mihulka

F-Paul Weisgarber

F-Thomas Campbell

It is far too early to say, but the following from the East deserve consideration:

Goalies---Rosendahl, GFRR; Deichert, Fargo South; Welk, Fargo North; Kringstad, Grafton. Rosendahl's numbers are the best, followed by Deichert, but they also play on the most talented teams with the best defense.

Defense---Galt, South; A. Peterson, Grafton; Harrie, Shanley; Swanson, West Fargo; Galbreath, GFRR; Delisle, GFRR. Galt is in a class by himself, but Andy Peterson is very good on a team where they are a little thin on defense. No one means more to their team than Marc Harrie and he leads the team in scoring. Swanson may be West Fargo's best player. RR and South have very solid defense and a few more could be added (Wurden, LaDoucer).

Forwards--Weisgarber, South; Paul Campbell, GPR; Mihulka, GFRR; Thomas Campbell, GPR; Ian Powers, South; Grant Larson, South; Adam Campbell, South; David Spies, GFRR; Klenow, North.

I may have missed some, but those are the players that have stood out so far.

Even though these above mentioned players have been playing good and getting a lot of mention, i think there are a lot of other players that are kind of under the radar. Ive seen most of the EDC teams play and these are the players that have been playing good and I feel should get noticed more.

Shanley - Dietzler, Harrie

West Fargo - Miller, Burdick

Grafton - Hills, Miller

South - Campbell, Mcdougall, Spriggs, Wurden

Red River - Spies, Ladoucer

Central - Greicar, Simonson

Any comments or others that anyone would add?

Actually, I talked to Tom Campbell, Thomas's dad, and I don't think they are doing Team North Dakota. I hope they do but it did not sound like it - I did not follow up and ask about any junior "A" interest. Andy Petersen is interested in playing post high school and will probably sign up for the Team North Dakota tryouts and maybe apply for the Elite Exposure Tournament at Shattuck.

It was all Roseau tonight, beating the Riders 9-2. This was the first game I've seen in which the opposing team had alot of point-blank shots. The Rams had alot of great scoring opportunities, and buried most of them. Only one or two goals were Eli's fault (he was pulled after the second with the score being 7-1). Good thing this was only a nonconference game. Hopefully the Riders can rebound and come out with a big win against South on Saturday.

Do you think this was just a bad game for red river, or is roseau that good? I noticed on the high school hockey site that they beat bismarck high 6-0 at a holiday tournament(don't know where it was at though). So I'm assuming they're good, but did red river just have an off night or what?

Do you think this was just a bad game for red river, or is roseau that good? I noticed on the high school hockey site that they beat bismarck high 6-0 at a holiday tournament(don't know where it was at though). So I'm assuming they're good, but did red river just have an off night or what?

Well Roseau is one of the top teams in the 2A class in section 8. They lost to Moorhead in OT a couple weeks back so that should give you a good comparison.

Does anyone know the plans of Tom or Paul Campbell next year? X2theZ, I know you have ties with Grafton. Any word on what they are going to do next year?

Well Jack, I've had the pleasure to watch these kids grow up.....I moved away about Six years ago to get my MBA from NYU then I started a business in Omaha, which I later sold so I could move back to Grafton the place I grew up and the place I love. Moral of the story..... Regardless of what they decide to do after high school, I'm sure they will be back here, because frankly everyone loves grafton. Be Patient Jack..... I'll find out next time they swing by my shop.

It is far too early to say, but the following from the East deserve consideration:

Goalies---Rosendahl, GFRR; Deichert, Fargo South; Welk, Fargo North; Kringstad, Grafton. Rosendahl's numbers are the best, followed by Deichert, but they also play on the most talented teams with the best defense.

Defense---Galt, South; A. Peterson, Grafton; Harrie, Shanley; Swanson, West Fargo; Galbreath, GFRR; Delisle, GFRR. Galt is in a class by himself, but Andy Peterson is very good on a team where they are a little thin on defense. No one means more to their team than Marc Harrie and he leads the team in scoring. Swanson may be West Fargo's best player. RR and South have very solid defense and a few more could be added (Wurden, LaDoucer).

Forwards--Weisgarber, South; Paul Campbell, GPR; Mihulka, GFRR; Thomas Campbell, GPR; Ian Powers, South; Grant Larson, South; Adam Campbell, South; David Spies, GFRR; Klenow, North.

I may have missed some, but those are the players that have stood out so far.

You are right on, Rosendahl is playing great with a great team. Norths goalie, Welk, his numbers speak for themselves, with goals against just under 5. No way he should be on the list though.

With Weisgarber, South; Paul Campbell, GPR; Thomas Campbell, GPR; you could have one hell of a line. Klenow's, North; numbers were good last year and showed great potential, but not being a team player is why he shouldn't be on this list.

Coach of the year is a toss up, I am leaning towards Wilson, South; personally.

I'd have to agree with specifics 100%. There was a stretch of 3 or 4 games where North didn't muster up a goal to help out Welk. North IMO has been disappointing this year. Tyler "Sidney Crosby" Klein was being brought up in a conversation as being one of the best players in the state, yet he still sits under 10 points. You would think that with Klenow and Klein and Welk North would have one games over the West Fargo's and Grand Forks Central type schools or even Devils Lake at home for that matter. Maybe if the Spartans top player spent more time in the defensive zone instead of worrying about popping his jersey like Irmen North would be sitting in a better position. This team also should try to find a weight room, I'm sure there might be one in the school. They refuse to hit or work hard to win the little battles, granted this team is young and has a legitimate shot at a state tournament next year, I think they need to turn it around and win their 2nd meeting with Central and WF to salvage a shot at a state tournament birth this year.

I guess I'm a little surprised by that Red River score, but its probably only a little blip on the radar for them. I would have thought they would have been more excited to play one of the best teams in Minnesota at home, but I guess it was a nonconference game, so maybe they relaxed a little bit.

We've been talking a lot lately about the quality of goaltenders around the state, and from the sounds of it Eli Rosendahl was hung out to dry tonight. Which proves the point that it really doesn't matter how good you are if you don't have that great of a team in front of you.

I guess I'm a little surprised by that Red River score, but its probably only a little blip on the radar for them. I would have thought they would have been more excited to play one of the best teams in Minnesota at home, but I guess it was a nonconference game, so maybe they relaxed a little bit.

We've been talking a lot lately about the quality of goaltenders around the state, and from the sounds of it Eli Rosendahl was hung out to dry tonight. Which proves the point that it really doesn't matter how good you are if you don't have that great of a team in front of you.

what were the shots in the game? what other teams have played Roseau this year and how did they fair?

the game was at the Roseau Holiday Tournament I beleive Bismarck was manhandled and outshot 45-10

what were the shots in the game? what other teams have played Roseau this year and how did they fair?

I'm not completely sure of their schedule, but I know that Roseau has beaten Warroad, and took Moorhead into OT. Roseau is the team I'm picking to win Section 8AA.