SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't much kow much about that Anderson kid but I think transfering once because you so called better then your team but transfering twice come on. I understand kids want to be a on a good team so they can so case your telants but you play with the same kids all the way up and now when you get to High School you think you are better then the rest of your friends. It happened a few years ago in Grafton when that Spooner kid moved there just to get a chance at a State title. That is all it was and nothing more. Sounds like RR is doing a little recruiting for next year with Alex S. from Central and the north kid thinking about transfering too. Sounds kind of fishy that 2 good players wanna transfer to the same school in the same year. My point is I just don't agree with kids doing that to their team and friends.

Edited by Siouxhockey78

Alex Simonsin is moving into the RR district and is thinking about playing for RR. Central's hockey team looks to be going downhill in the next couple of years. Tyler Klein of Fargo North might come to RR I heard if he doesn't elect to play juniors. Even if he doesn't play juniors I don't know if he would move up to Grand Forks to play hockey for Red River. Fargo North's program doesn't look like it is going to be good at all either next year. I don't know who Tyler Klein would have for support if he stayed at Fargo North. If Red River were to get these two, they would be a dominant force if no one decides to move onto the junior level. I don't think we should call this recruiting. Do you think a Matt Malm would try and get other players from other schools when RR is good year in and year out? Probably not.

Why would someone pick him up to play juniors. He has two points in five games, and both of those points came against Wahpeton in their first game of the season.

central is not that down this year i think that west faro just played very poorly at wahpeton

-Ofcourse Central is down, They lose to West fargo and Shanely both for the first time in team history. I am interested to hear what central team you would consider them to be on par with?

ND Pride previoulsly stated that Cedar Rapids of the USHL has some interest in him.

That's right and he skated in their Prospects camp this summer in Wisconsin. The North team is struggling big time with scoring and all of their forwards are down compared to last year's production. Just goes to reinforce the fact that hockey is a team sport and all positions have to click for individuals to have success. Klein has been in every USA Hockey National Select Festival so that indicates that the North Dakota High School coaches, a different crew each year that selects kids for the national event, feel that he is a good player. Whether he is ready for juniors or not is a point to debate - certainly this years stats are down for his team. Time will tell as to where these kids end up next year and the year after. Good luck to all the kids with junior aspirations. Great article on Marc Milhulka in the Grand Forks Herald the other day - he is off to a great start.

After about a month into the season, any early picks for Coach of the Year?

As of today I only see two strong contenders for Coach of the Year. Obviously you need to consider Al Henry from Devils Lake who despite a loss last night to Fargo North has his team off to a fast start in the West with a young team. As of today I would give the award to Mark Pivetz from Fargo Shanley, with impressive wins over Central and Jamestown, and potentially an inconsistent West Fargo on Tuesday he could have this team in 4th come region tournament time. There is also a dark horse out West that may be brought into consideration as the season continues. Troy Olson in his first year at Bismarck Century had a hellacious first 3 games to this season, but has wheeled off 4 straight wins, one off an eastern team which many Western schools cannot claim, and shocking Williston last night who many people predicted to finish very strongly at the beginning of the year. If he gets this team into the State Tournament, you have to consider Olson a threat for Coach of the Year.

As of today I only see two strong contenders for Coach of the Year. Obviously you need to consider Al Henry from Devils Lake who despite a loss last night to Fargo North has his team off to a fast start in the West with a young team. As of today I would give the award to Mark Pivetz from Fargo Shanley, with impressive wins over Central and Jamestown, and potentially an inconsistent West Fargo on Tuesday he could have this team in 4th come region tournament time. There is also a dark horse out West that may be brought into consideration as the season continues. Troy Olson in his first year at Bismarck Century had a hellacious first 3 games to this season, but has wheeled off 4 straight wins, one off an eastern team which many Western schools cannot claim, and shocking Williston last night who many people predicted to finish very strongly at the beginning of the year. If he gets this team into the State Tournament, you have to consider Olson a threat for Coach of the Year.

Should be interesting to see which coach does the best job getting their team in top form as the season goes on. Should be plenty of viable coaching candidates from the helpful analysis that you provided. As a side note, East and West teams have played 10 games against one another so far with the east winning seven and the west winning three. The three west wins include Hazen beating Wahpeton 5-2, Dickinson beating Wahpeton 8-2 and Century beating Jamestown 3-2.

I just wanted to correct an earlier post ... Bismarck Century is 3-4. They have not won 4 straight. The Patriots lost to Williston in overtime 3-2 last night (Saturday.)

1. Lost to Dickinson 9-3

2. Lost to Devils Lake 6-0

3. Lost to West Fargo 10-1

4. Defeated Mandan 3-2

5. Defeated Hazen-Beulah 4-3

6. Defeated Jamestown 3-2

7. Lost to Williston 3-2 (OT)

I just wanted to correct an earlier post ... Bismarck Century is 3-4. They have not won 4 straight. The Patriots lost to Williston in overtime 3-2 last night (Saturday.)

1. Lost to Dickinson 9-3

2. Lost to Devils Lake 6-0

3. Lost to West Fargo 10-1

4. Defeated Mandan 3-2

5. Defeated Hazen-Beulah 4-3

6. Defeated Jamestown 3-2

7. Lost to Williston 3-2 (OT)

My apologies, skimming through Gillen's site he had Century winning, but after checking the Bismarck Tribune your post is obviously more accurate then mine.

ND Pride previoulsly stated that Cedar Rapids of the USHL has some interest in him.

NDhockeyRR you make a very valid point. Red River has not struggled to keep the flow of talented players through there system and I don't see any of the Red River coaches "recruting". Any recruiting done is usually on a player to player bases and is more of a joke than an actual offer. I don't think it is very realistic to believe Tyler Klein would actually make the move to Red River, whether he wanted to our not (parents jobs, siblings,...). On the question why some would want to pick him up for juniors it might be as obvious as some of us would like to believe but here it is...

Tyler has attended every National Festival making him one of the top 1989 births in the state.

In his sophomore season he had 30 total points, ranking in the top 25 in the state.

Junior teams are attracted to big, mobile players. Tyler is about 6'0" tall and one of the fastest skaters in the state.

Although it may seem Mr. Klein is not keeping up with the other elite players in the state you have to remember hockey is a team game. Unless you have players around you tell help create time and space you're not going to put up much in the area of points, no matter how good you are. It's a simple concept, one guy can't beat five. Now if North can find a line combination that works well with Klein, I'm sure we'll see a lot more points than his 2 in 5.

Those are good picks as of right now. Devils lake and Shanley have had some wins over some decent teams but i dont think Century is going to do much more. The teams that they have beaten weren't very good and the east team that they beat was Jamestown, who as of right now is 8th place in the East. I just don't see Centruy beating any respectable team this year. But thats just my opinion.

I heard galbreath is out for one week with a minor concussion. should be back for next weeks game against north im guessing.

Why is everyone always talking about Galbreath, mihulka , vigen, Ladouceur? There are other really good players on that team deserve alot more credit. I think players like Jake Brown and Matt Marchel should get throw into that mix. I've talked to their coach and he likes their work ethic.

Why is everyone always talking about Galbreath, mihulka , vigen, Ladouceur? There are other really good players on that team deserve alot more credit. I think players like Jake Brown and Matt Marchel should get throw into that mix. I've talked to their coach and he likes their work ethic.

Jake Brown?? Whos that?? Does he play varsity??

I suppose you are a fan of these two players - it is great to have supporters. I will have to watch them and see if some sort of profile might be written up on them. There was a nice one on Mihulka recently. Actually though, I have not heard much talk at all about Vigen on here and only a little about Ladouceur. I am sure everyone will get their due credit as the season goes on and Red River keeps being successful - be patient. To keep an eye on these players it is helpful to have their numbers - one has the number 11 - same as this posters screen name and the other has #19. Both of these players came into the season unheralded - but let's watch them and keep an eye on their progress. Is there anything else that their coach says about them in addition to their work ethic? They do have a few penalty minutes - 30 between the two of them. Anything else? If you can get an interview with them try and find out how they train off-season, what their goals are for hockey (e.g. want to play juniors, etc).

Who the hell is GFRR11?

Alex Simonsin is moving into the RR district and is thinking about playing for RR. Central's hockey team looks to be going downhill in the next couple of years. Tyler Klein of Fargo North might come to RR I heard if he doesn't elect to play juniors. Even if he doesn't play juniors I don't know if he would move up to Grand Forks to play hockey for Red River. Fargo North's program doesn't look like it is going to be good at all either next year. I don't know who Tyler Klein would have for support if he stayed at Fargo North. If Red River were to get these two, they would be a dominant force if no one decides to move onto the junior level. I don't think we should call this recruiting. Do you think a Matt Malm would try and get other players from other schools when RR is good year in and year out? Probably not.

Why wouldnt Klein come to South, instead of moving to GF?

[

Why would someone pick him up to play juniors. He has two points in five games, and both of those points came against Wahpeton in their first game of the season.