SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

I missed the highlights of the game, but I heard that Marc Mihulka used a mythical move, one only heard about in stories of hockey games past. Called the Stop-O-Razi, Mihulka came down on a breakaway, deked one way, came to a complete stop, waited for the goalie to slide out of position, then calmly pushed the puck into the net. Anyone who has seen or been a receiver of the Stop-O-Razi know it is quite impossible to stop. Mihulka is definately one of the most talented players in the state, said by some to be less than a god, but more than a man. I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be on the business end of a Stop-O-Razi.

I witnessed that move by Mihulka and it was something else. I don't know many people who would try to pull that off in a game. He made it look easy by just tapping the puck into the net and then performing a somewhat cocky celebration. But what can you say he did have 5 points on 5 goals inlcuding a hat trick. West Fargo looked like they couldn't handle Red River.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed that move by Mihulka and it was something else. I don't know many people who would try to pull that off in a game. He made it look easy by just tapping the puck into the net and then performing a somewhat cocky celebration. But what can you say he did have 5 points on 5 goals inlcuding a hat trick. West Fargo looked like they couldn't handle Red River.

I missed the highlights of the game, but I heard that Marc Mihulka used a mythical move, one only heard about in stories of hockey games past. Called the Stop-O-Razi, Mihulka came down on a breakaway, deked one way, came to a complete stop, waited for the goalie to slide out of position, then calmly pushed the puck into the net. Anyone who has seen or been a receiver of the Stop-O-Razi know it is quite impossible to stop. Mihulka is definately one of the most talented players in the state, said by some to be less than a god, but more than a man. I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be on the business end of a Stop-O-Razi.

I don't think anyone has ever said that.

I have heard a rumor that Alex Simonson from GF central, and Tyler Klein from Fargo North are transfering to Red River next year. If that is true, RR would be a dominating team next year.

I happen to know both of them, and yes it is a very strong possibility.

I happen to know both of them, and yes it is a very strong possibility.

It is easier to transfer within the same school district than to transfer to another community due to various residence requirements - parental employment, primary residence, etc. It is highly unlikely that a player will transfer from one community to another. Nick Krebsbach transferred from Minot to Grand Forks Red River a few years back but I believe his dad had previously owned a property in Grand Forks that made the transfer work. In the case of Danny Irmen moving from North to Red River his dad rented an apartment in GF, they sold their home in Fargo and his mom moved into a condo in Fargo. I highly doubt that you will see a transfer between towns because of the NDHSAA rules that make it difficult. In summary, I assume it would be possible for Alex Simonson but very very difficult for Tyler Klein because of those rules. Anyone else have a handle on those transfer rules? They might be on the NDHSAA site.

We'll finally find out who is the best team in the state. I am expecting South to come out on top if they can be much more disciplined than they were against North. They will not be able to afford putting Grafton on the power play. I believe Grafton has very skilled forwards who can put the puck in the net but i have serious doubts about the abilities of there defensemen. If their D can't break the puck out of the zone, their forwards won't be able to do what they do best. The depth of South could be the deciding factor in this game, along with the play of both teams' tenders.

It is easier to transfer within the same school district than to transfer to another community due to various residence requirements - parental employment, primary residence, etc. It is highly unlikely that a player will transfer from one community to another. Nick Krebsbach transferred from Minot to Grand Forks Red River a few years back but I believe his dad had previously owned a property in Grand Forks that made the transfer work. In the case of Danny Irmen moving from North to Red River his dad rented an apartment in GF, they sold their home in Fargo and his mom moved into a condo in Fargo. I highly doubt that you will see a transfer between towns because of the NDHSAA rules that make it difficult. In summary, I assume it would be possible for Alex Simonson but very very difficult for Tyler Klein because of those rules. Anyone else have a handle on those transfer rules? They might be on the NDHSAA site.

I was told from a good source that knows Tyler Klein that if he doesn't go anywhere for hockey, he is going to transfer for to RR. I am just saying what I have been told, and yes it would be really hard for him to transfer from a differnt town.

I was told from a good source that knows Tyler Klein that if he doesn't go anywhere for hockey, he is going to transfer for to RR. I am just saying what I have been told, and yes it would be really hard for him to transfer from a differnt town.

I've heard from a better source that the rumor is false. It would be a great place to play hockey, however. If he could get picked up by a junior A team it would be an easier move than transferring to Red River.

We'll finally find out who is the best team in the state. I am expecting South to come out on top if they can be much more disciplined than they were against North. They will not be able to afford putting Grafton on the power play. I believe Grafton has very skilled forwards who can put the puck in the net but i have serious doubts about the abilities of there defensemen. If their D can't break the puck out of the zone, their forwards won't be able to do what they do best. The depth of South could be the deciding factor in this game, along with the play of both teams' tenders.

I agree but i dont think south will make the same mistakes again. And i believe that no one can score more than three goals on south this year because of their defensemen and goalie. I would take souths top four defenseman over any other teams in the state. They are solid, can handle the puck, and score. Thats going to be the deciding factor in that game.

If that is true, then I'd say that there is a 100% possibility that Klein will go to Red River next year. If Mihulka, Weisgarber, Galt and both Campbells are still playing high school, Klein will be too.

If that is true, then I'd say that there is a 100% possibility that Klein will go to Red River next year. If Mihulka, Weisgarber, Galt and both Campbells are still playing high school, Klein will be too.

There is some information missing in your logical chain. Mihulka, Wesigarber, Galt and both Campbells play with teams that allow them to show their skills. North is very short on depth and that makes it a tough experience for a good player because there is not enough support. Given the fact that moving is very difficult - unless both parents quit their jobs, sell their house, buy a new house, get new jobs etc, etc. It has nothing to do with the other players you mention - it is actually easier to go to juniors if there is a team that wants you than to have your parents sell their house and get different jobs. Cedar Rapids of the USHL has some interest in him so given all of the facts it would make more sense to go juniors (USHL or NAHL). These other players have made their choices to stay - that is the right thing for them - just because they are good/great players and choose not to play juniors their senior year does not mean - following your logic, that all other players of similar ability should do the same. All you need to understand this situation are a few empirical facts and less abstract logic.

There is some information missing in your logical chain. Mihulka, Wesigarber, Galt and both Campbells play with teams that allow them to show their skills. North is very short on depth and that makes it a tough experience for a good player because there is not enough support. Given the fact that moving is very difficult - unless both parents quit their jobs, sell their house, buy a new house, get new jobs etc, etc. It has nothing to do with the other players you mention - it is actually easier to go to juniors if there is a team that wants you than to have your parents sell their house and get different jobs. Cedar Rapids of the USHL has some interest in him so given all of the facts it would make more sense to go juniors (USHL or NAHL). These other players have made their choices to stay - that is the right thing for them - just because they are good/great players and choose not to play juniors their senior year does not mean - following your logic, that all other players of similar ability should do the same. All you need to understand this situation are a few empirical facts and less abstract logic.

I'm mearly going by skill, and in my honest opinion, Klein is not in the same class as those aforementioned players. I totally understand where you're coming from, and I agree that it would be a different situation for him if he played for one of the top 4 prestige programs in the state. But I'm saying that if it had nothing to do with his parents, school, and all those other non-hockey factors, he would have to make some steps in the off-season to becoming a player who would make an impact for a junior team. However, you say that junior teams have been in talks with him, so my opinion of him as a player so I may be wrong.

Big couple days here for some eastern teams. Headlining the bill is South-Grafton tonight to see who the early frontrunner in the conference is. Tomorrow night Central-WF seems like an intriguing match up to jockey for that 4 seed. RR will also be tested with EGF tomorrow night, and poor Jamestown may string up a win against Century. Predictions anyone?

Big couple days here for some eastern teams. Headlining the bill is South-Grafton tonight to see who the early frontrunner in the conference is. Tomorrow night Central-WF seems like an intriguing match up to jockey for that 4 seed. RR will also be tested with EGF tomorrow night, and poor Jamestown may string up a win against Century. Predictions anyone?

Well, I think South has more depth than Grafton - plus I think sometimes Grafton does better on the road - oddly enough. South 4-2 is a wild guess. Central/WF - I am going to go with an OT tie 2-2. Right now everybody loves WF but I think it will be a close game. I don't know enough about EGF to guess that one. And Jamestown will beat Century 4-0.

I agree but i dont think south will make the same mistakes again. And i believe that no one can score more than three goals on south this year because of their defensemen and goalie. I would take souths top four defenseman over any other teams in the state. They are solid, can handle the puck, and score. Thats going to be the deciding factor in that game.

South is deep on defense and Galt leads that crew. Based on his performance in the Elite I league, not to mention the last high school season, he is the top defenseman. You may pick South's top four "d" on your team but my pick, after Galt, would be Andy Petersen of Grafton. He was the top rated defenseman in the 1988 group for the USA Hockey National Festival Select 14s, 15s and 16s. A different set of coaches rated these kids each year so that is as "objective" as you can get as an indicator of player quality.

Just got back from South-Grafton.

South dominated for two periods and won the game 2-1 with Grafton's lone goal coming with 1.7 seconds left.

South is big, strong, physical, good skating, well disciplined team. Grafton came back in the third a bit and had some chances, but the shots were like 34-23 South and Kringstad was SOLID as was South's who made the saves when needed.

South had two PP's and scored their goals on both.

Campbells were shut down. South hit Paul and Thomas EVERY chance they got and it seemed to work. After the first period one parent noted how the Grafton guys were not going to the corners and they will feel sore in the morning. South's size is very impressive.

Lots of RR players/coaches there too to watch this one.

Just got back from South-Grafton.

South dominated for two periods and won the game 2-1 with Grafton's lone goal coming with 1.7 seconds left.

South is big, strong, physical, good skating, well disciplined team. Grafton came back in the third a bit and had some chances, but the shots were like 34-23 South and Kringstad was SOLID as was South's who made the saves when needed.

South had two PP's and scored their goals on both.

Campbells were shut down. South hit Paul and Thomas EVERY chance they got and it seemed to work. After the first period one parent noted how the Grafton guys were not going to the corners and they will feel sore in the morning. South's size is very impressive.

Lots of RR players/coaches there too to watch this one.

Ya good game by both teams. GPRs kringstad had some spectacular saves to keep it close. South out shot and out played GPR for the most part but they had there fair share of good scoring chances. Those Campbells are dangerous whenever they touch the puck but south keep them pretty well contained. They were "shut down" only in the sense that they didnt score but they both had some quality scoring chances in which Diechert came up big. Hopefully GFC and WF is as good a game as this one was