SiouxSports.com Forum

REA search unconstitutional

YaneA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah, but you know that when it comes to throwing gophers on the ice, there is more leeway. :lol: As it says, it is up to the referees discretion. It's not quite like throwing hats on the ice for a hat trick, but certainly isn't as frowned upon like throwing cups, hot dogs or various other crap.

At the old arena, it wasn't a big deal. Why is it such a big deal now? :D

That could apply to anything a person has in their possession.  Their hat, their jacket, scarf, anything bought inside the area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure. I know lots of people who bring dead animals to hockey arenas because they plan to wear them for warmth in cold weather.

Toward the later years of the Old Ralph, I recall the tradition at UND was to throw the dead gophers out on to the ice after the first Sioux goal. The warning would then be announced and no more gophers were thrown after the warning. I don't recall the Sioux ever getting a penalty for it.

As long as all of the gopher-throwers are on the same page (throw after the first Sioux goal), no penalties will be assessed.

Speaking of the ban on bands playing during play, isn't that rule violated by the Michigan Tech band during every Huskie power play, with that annoying oompah-oompah rhythm? Band geeks:  you know the one I mean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know the one you mean. I've never heard it in person, but when Tim Hennessy broadcasts Sioux games from MTU, I can hear it over the radio and it quickly becomes annoyingly repetitive.