SiouxSports.com Forum

GFPS new AD

ESPNInsider

Who will be the new AD for GF? The committee looks a little "Central heavy". With Roise, Schatz, Mike Berg, Dan Carlson and Tracy Abentroth making it up.

Terry West, Jared Bruggeman, and LaDoucer all got interviews, along with some out-of-towners. Anyone know anything?

Who will be the new AD for GF?  The committee looks a little "Central heavy".  With Roise, Schatz, Mike Berg, Dan Carlson and Tracy Abentroth making it up.

Terry West, Jared Bruggeman, and LaDoucer all got interviews, along with some out-of-towners.  Anyone know anything?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't consider him a particularly reliable source, but Frank Fee of KROX radio in Crookston had this to say:

You might of heard earlier that Craig Perry, the former athletic director at Grand Forks High Schools, is now an associate director with the Minnesota State High School League.

Word around Grand Forks seems to be that, Terry West, former Grand Forks Red River girl

That was my first guess when I heard that Perry was leaving. I'm sorry, LaDoucer DID NOT get an interview as I said he did in the first post. I would think West would get it, although the present AD from Brainerd got an interview.

Hopefully Bruggeman does not get the job as he seems to have trouble with understanding a lot of stuff.

That was my first guess when I heard that Perry was leaving.  I'm sorry, LaDoucer DID NOT get an interview as I said he did in the first post.  I would think West would get it, although the present AD from Brainerd got an interview. 

Hopefully Bruggeman does not get the job as he seems to have trouble with understanding a lot of stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure Bruggeman even got an interview? I've heard West, Todd Olson and Todd Selk (Brainerd a.d.--from EGF), plus two others whose identities I don't know.

Why don't you like Brugemann? Maybe he is incompetant, I don't know. When I've talked with him though he seems like a pretty nice guy. He is the guy I think UND should put in charge of figuring out the whole student problem at REA, as he relates well with and has the trust of the students. That's a different matter though.

Why don't you like Brugemann?  Maybe he is incompetant, I don't know.  When I've talked with him though he seems like a pretty nice guy.  He is the guy I think UND should put in charge of figuring out the whole student problem at REA, as he relates well with and has the trust of the students.  That's a different matter though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't personally know whether Bruggeman does a good job or not. But when you consider that a big part of his job is understanding NCAA regulations and overseeing UND's compliance with them, you have to wonder how he got the job with the credentials he had at the time he was hired in 2001. link. There's also the question of whether it's really a good idea to have the spouse of a head coach at UND in such a position.

Why don't you like Brugemann?  Maybe he is incompetant, I don't know.  When I've talked with him though he seems like a pretty nice guy.  He is the guy I think UND should put in charge of figuring out the whole student problem at REA, as he relates well with and has the trust of the students.  That's a different matter though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A couple things, he's screwed up on more then one occasion with eligibility and requirements for the student athletes. And he just comes across as a big timer IMO. I don't hate the guy by any means though.

That position (AD for GFPS) is such a thankless job that I would never want it. You just have to be the goat all the time and you are rarely the hero...unless you somehow bring in a bunch of money for every single team so they can all get new uniforms every year, travel to out of state tourneys, drink cold Gatoraide and wipe with 3-ply toilet paper.

Good for Todd, he's a good guy and should do a good job there. Like I said though, it's a pretty thankless job so hopefully he enjoys it.

Now the question is: who will take the reins at GFC? I would think Dan Carlson would naturally step in, but maybe he doesn't want it? Who else in town would maybe be interested?

My guesses for applicants: Dan Carlson, Dave Vonesh, has Brian DeVillers graduated from college yet, he would maybe apply?

• 5 weeks later...
Yeah, he was a really hard worker.  That other kid that worked out there though basically ran the show.  Not Ziggy, but that other kid.  Not sure what happened to him, but man did he do a great job!  He was a great athlete too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great Athlete? If you count playing basketball in his driveway an athletic event. I heard that guy is a loser and has no friends. Why else would he work at a dump like Kraft?