SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina

CoteauRinkRat

No Love for Minnesota in that article - they don't even get mentioned for making it to the frozen 4.  But the Boston schools get a mention - must be the east coast bias.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is fantastic to see that Bina is recovering so well. For him to be considering returning to hockey is amazing. I truly hope he can put on the Sioux sweater again, but even if he doesn't it seems like it is a matter of time now before he could enjoy all of lifes usual activities.

Virg (Woog) can't say anything good about the Gophers (Sioux), so he may as well just pretend they don't exist.

I didn't get the impression that it was as optimistic as most are taking it. Sure, Robbie wants to play why wouldn't he? But I just can't see him playing this season and I hope he doesn't push it. I'd rather have it being said that he could have played part of last season than I came back too early and I paid the price.

I'm not worried that Robbie would come back too early. I can't believe any doctor would clear him to play any sooner than is realistic, if at all, considering the nature of his injury. This isn't like if he goes out too soon he might reinjure his hamstring. If this is done wrong, Robbie's probably in a wheelchair for life.

Who is going to clear him too quickly??

If Robbie sees ice this year, I for one am not going to be second guessing the decision. A whole lot of people smarter and closer to the situation than I will be part of that decision..........

Who is going to clear him too quickly??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I admit that I'm basing this on something other than a back injury, but where there's a will there's a way. If he looked hard enough, perhaps he could find a physician who would sign the papers.

Bear in mind that I'm not saying he would do that or that he should. I'm saying that there are people out there who might do whatever it is the patient wants within reason.

And HockeyMom- I agree. If the physicians do sign off on him, I hope for the best too.

His fused vertebrae will be stronger than they were before as long as the proper healing has been allowed to take place. Robbie, can't wait to see you on the ice again!!

Just an aside-->Any physician who would clear Robbie before he is ready would have to have a lot of personal money to throw away because ain't no way any malpractice insurer would bail him out of that lawsuit. 'Reasonable standard of practice' is pretty high when it comes to fractured cervical vertebrae.

His fused vertebrae will be stronger than they were before as long as the proper healing has been allowed to take place.  Robbie, can't wait to see you on the ice again!!

Just an aside-->Any physician who would clear Robbie before he is ready would have to have a lot of personal money to throw away because ain't no way any malpractice insurer would bail him out of that lawsuit.  'Reasonable standard of practice' is pretty high when it comes to fractured cervical vertebrae.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True that. I think Bina might just be better off entirely by taking a Medical Red-shirt this season. I'm sure he can come around still, cheer the guys on, even in practice. Heck, It might even be a great chance for him to learn the ends and outs of coaching, which could always come in handy for him later down the road.