SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL re-launch draft?

Superman0099

Very interesting and of course it would be very entertaining. How couldn't ya love watching guys in the green room playing Texas Hold Em. That'd definately make it watchable alone right there. I don't think the owners would be too thrilled with the idea though.

Very interesting and of course it would be very entertaining.  How couldn't ya love watching guys in the green room playing Texas Hold Em.  That'd definately make it watchable alone right there.  I don't think the owners would be too thrilled with the idea though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, that would take all of the coverage away from the draft. It will be like "Martin St. Louis goes in for $10,000. By the way the Predators of somewhere just drated this guy." Co host "They are in Nashville, Jim." Co host "Oh yeah, Nashville. Home of the Nashville Stars program. You know, the one that is like American Idol for country music? What a fine program."

:vomit:

An interesting idea no doubt. I'm sure teams like all of the expansion teams, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Florida, and the Rangers wouldn't mind it at all.

I think it's a fun idea. Keep in mind that the writer is emphasizing this as a radical shake-up. I think it would bring a lot of interest and story lines. It's the kind of things kids did with their NHL '97s and still do with their XBOXs. They just have to make sure it's like a lottery, so old NHL crap teams don't get top pickins. But like the author says, you can't just take the best available.

I understand that it would be outrageously hard to convince players/coaches/fans that this is a good idea. However, I'm thinking about entertainment, and getting the NHL going strong again. This is a very crazy idea, but I like it. It would bring back some old fans, but more importantly it would create a reason to watch and go to games. Just think:

teammates as rivals

rivals as teammates

I think there's a big up-side...odds of it happening...not so good.

Now I have to go back to winning the Stanley Cup with my Atlanta Thrashers. :silly: Thomas Pock is a HUGE stud in that game, got him amazingly cheap! :blush:

BTW, hey everyone, hope your summers are going well. I just watched Sparky's SH goal in the Final Five and got chills. CAN'T WAIT!

What happens when teams pick good players that they don't have enough money to pay for? After the one year contracts are over, it will just be a bidding war to get the players wanted anyway. Now excuse me while I go put on my spandex.

As long as we're going into this tangent...

IF this did happen, the author also mentioned a league-wide salary cap/luxury tax. The teams would be able to "bid" on the players they want, but each team would have the same shot. If you have the extra cap room, you probably need the player, and the team that didn't probably doesn't. It works out. AND IT'S FUN DAMNIT!!

Sorry. :silly: