SiouxSports.com Forum

HD TV

Fetch

Who has the best HD TV in GF or Fargo (Bars) & do you have to subcribe to HD TV or do you just need the TV ? - Is there any sites on what is special about ESPN televising the final game in HD ? ? ?

If you want to get HD channels, you have to get them from your cable/satellite provider. I have Dish Network's very small HD package, but it does include ESPN-HD.

Here is some info from ESPN regarding HD.

I saw the highlights from ESPN2-HD on Sportscenter last night....Hockey looks so good in HD. Of all the sports I have seen in HD, hockey seems to be the best with the bigger picture (wider angle) and picture quality.

The game is going to be in HD?  :D  Why didn't anyone tell me?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yesterday's games were in HD on ESPN2 HD. The problem is that ESPN2 HD used the same distrubution company that handled the Victory sports roll-out, so that means only 17 tv sets in America receive it. :ohmy:

I've been waiting a long time to see a hockey game in high-def so I think it's ironic the first one I'll see will have UND playing in it. I went and upgraded my receiver today to the HD DVR model so, if the Sioux win, I'll have a high-def copy to replay over and over. I was somewhat surprised that both the semifinals and finals are being broadcast in HD given that ESPN didn't televise higher rated events (like this year's UNC-Duke game) in HD.

I still don't get it - Any HD TV on cable or spaceship can get it ? ? ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you need to get it from your cable or dish provider. Not all companies offer ESPNHD. You will also need a HD receiver or cable card to get the channel.

You have to subscribe to HD cable through your cable company, the little cable wire gets replaced with about 5 different colored wires and the picture magically becomes so clear you can tell if Jordan Parise has a zit on his nose. It really is an amazing picture, but beware you will never want to switch back to regular tv.

You have to subscribe to HD cable through your cable company, the little cable wire gets replaced with about 5 different colored wires and the picture magically becomes so clear you can tell if Jordan Parise has a zit on his nose. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ideally you only have one cable (DVI) for your picture and one for audio. It is fine if you need to use component cables (red blue green), but do not use analog audio cables (red and white). Why would you want great picture without the surround sound?

But then you have empty black spaces on the left and right while watching anything that is not in the widescreen format. Either that or else it gets stretched out to fill in the gaps which distorts your picture. I prefer my standard size TV with standard 4:3 aspect ratio. Just a matter of personal preference I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In a year or so, it will all be 16:9