66 members have voted

1. 1. What is MafiaMan doing today?

• Just rolling out of bed, still in jersey reaking of booze
    • Just rolling into bed, still in jersey reaking of booze
    • Still at strip club
    • In his seat waiting for Saturday's game
    • Waking up next to Eddie the Eagle
    • At store buying a new pinstripe suit to match Barry Melrose

No I wasn't. Actually, my ticket was in section 408 row U (that's right, top row of the joint). I went down to 220 by the Sioux fans and found many a seat open Thursday afternoon and night. Saturday was pretty full and I bounced around being ejected several times from sections 219 and 218 before landing a vacated seat in the midst of the Sioux fans in 220. ???

More random musings from Columbus...I swear, they were coming to me in my sleep!

PLUS-SIDE:  Stepping on the Al Pearson Special in Oakdale and having the person in the third seat I see on the bus blurt out "MAFIAMAN!".

DOWN-SIDE:  Stepping on the Al Pearson Special in Oakdale and having the person in the third seat I see on the bus blurt out "MAFIAMAN!".

PLUS-SIDE:  Tim (the name has NOT been changed to protect the innocent) from Grand Forks, upon finding out that I am MafiaMan:  "You're MafiaMan?  Wow.  I feel like I should have you sign my jersey or something.  I read you all the time...you're a legend!"

DOWN-SIDE:  Sadly, Tim was dropped off in Fargo, promptly placed in a straight-jacket, and transported to Jamestown for a psychological evaluation.  Get well soon, Tim!  We're all pulling for you.

PLUS-SIDE:  Building public relations w/the local girls in Columbus by chatting w/them about Sioux hockey history, the city of Columbus, and shopping for shoes.

DOWN-SIDE:  Seeing that good PR wrecked when "Finley Jeff" (again, the name has NOT been changed to protect the innocent) joins in and promptly asks me to help his chances with the ladies by informing them that he spent a few years in the National Hockey League. 

PLUS-SIDE:  Finley Jeff, however, has heard so much about siouxsports.com, that he will no doubt head to Grand Forks today to buy himself a computer.

PLUS-SIDE:  Chatting w/another poster on the bus who tells me that Jim Dahl had some things to say about me.

DOWN-SIDE:  "That guy is obsessed with boobs." 

PLUS-SIDE:  Our hotel being right across the street from The Platinum Fox.

DOWN-SIDE:  An apparent shortage of silicone and saline in Columbus. 

Now back to work!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good Morning MafiaMan! I can't believe we all made it to work this morning. FYI, quit bragging about making it to 9:00 church when the rest of us Al Pearson Fan Bus Grand Forks people were just pulling into GF at 1:40 AM. After I dropped off all of my "posse" I pulled into my driveway at 2:30 AM - to bed by 3:00 - too jacked up to sleep right away - FINALLY died at 3:30 - alarm went off at 6:45 and made it to work by 8:00. Funny thing tho - that was the most sleep in one night I have had since once week ago today! My eyes are not fully open and I have that "quivery" feeling all over my body - kind of like when you get off a cruise ship. It was great meeting you and it will take at least a week to re-tell (remember) all the Columbus stories. Thanks to the Sioux for a memorable season and thanks to all the Al Bus People for a memorable 5 days. See you all again in about 6 months!

Good Morning MafiaMan!  I can't believe we all made it to work this morning.  FYI, quit bragging about making it to 9:00 church when the rest of us Al Pearson Fan Bus Grand Forks people were just pulling into GF at 1:40 AM.  After I dropped off all of my "posse" I pulled into my driveway at 2:30 AM - to bed by 3:00 - too jacked up to sleep right away - FINALLY died at 3:30 - alarm went off at 6:45 and made it to work by 8:00.  Funny thing tho - that was the most sleep in one night I have had since once week ago today!  My eyes are not fully open and I have that "quivery" feeling all over my body - kind of like when you get off a cruise ship.  It was great meeting you and it will take at least a week to re-tell (remember) all the Columbus stories.  Thanks to the Sioux for a memorable season and thanks to all the Al Bus People for a memorable 5 days.  See you all again in about 6 months!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey LadyDy and MafiaMan, sorry you had to work. I had the day off. Just a shout out to everyone who thought about taking it but didn't, Al's bus rocked! At the start of the ride, I knew two fans and at the end, I had memories shared with forty friends.