SiouxSports.com Forum

DI vs. DII

bincitysioux

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? ;)

Did you happen to notice that none of the posts you're quoting were written by RD17? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I did notice that (afterwords, of course). Wrong click of the mouse I guess. :D Hopefully my points still ring true...

GO BISON!!

2005 Great West Champions

ndsubison  You were talking about UND ruling the small pond.  There are a lot of people out there that would rather be a large fish in a small pond than a minnow in the ocean.  This is not a jab, just reality.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the gross oversimplification of the issue. :)

It's one thing to choose not to have an avatar and another thing to have a red X show up where you intend to have an avatar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you maybe stop to think that I don't come to siouxsports.com enough to edit my profile to the point that you feel appropriate? Tell me you're not that petty :) What's up with the beagle, anyway?? Kinda weird...

GO BISON!!

ndsubison. Not everyone in Bisonland is in favor of this move to division I. I know quite a few people who aren't. There are also lots of ,people who think NDSU will be a guppie or a minnow for a long time in their true DI sports. Football being a sport they will compete nationally, but they don't play the big boys in football. I guess we really won't know who made the right decision on this for quite awhile. Everybody in Fargo thinks that the move to DI has already proven to be a success. NDSU has hardly jumped any hurdles yet. They don't have a conference and believe me when they get a conference that is only one piece of the puzzle. They are still going to have to pay the bills down the road when things might be a little lean in the won loss category. Also they are always going to have the same old problem of trying to attract enough good athletes who want to come to wintery North Dakota to spend their college career. NDSU might of made the right decision, but we sure don't know yet.

Not everyone in Bisonland is in favor of this move to division I.  I know quite a few people who aren't.  There are also lots of ,people who think NDSU will be a guppie or a minnow  for a long time in their true DI sports. 

Everybody in Fargo thinks  that the move to DI has already proven to be a success.

?

ndsubison.  Not everyone in Bisonland is in favor of this move to division I.  I know quite a few people who aren't.  There are also lots of ,people who think NDSU will be a guppie or a minnow  for a long time in their true DI sports.  Football being a  sport they will compete nationally, but they don't play the big boys in football.  I guess we really won't know who made the right decision on this for quite awhile.  Everybody in Fargo thinks  that the move to DI has already proven to be a success.  NDSU has hardly jumped any hurdles yet.  They don't have a conference and believe me when they get a conference that is only one piece of the puzzle.  They are still going to have to pay the bills down the road when things might be a little lean in the won loss category.  Also they are always going to have the same old problem of trying to attract enough good athletes who want to come to wintery North Dakota to spend their college career.  NDSU  might of made the right decision, but we sure don't know yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a fair assumption. As a matter of fact, 3 yrs ago when NDSU was merely entertaining the DI idea I was skeptical. My thoughts: why ruin a successful DII program for the sake of pipe dreams. Honestly. Being a native North Dakotan, I can identify with others in the region that people-in general-don't like change. Now that I've settled down & taken the time to educate myself and look at the big picture I can fully appreciate the move as a whole. I know you've been paying attention to this and that's why the key word thrown around have been TRANSITION and PROCESS. Of course we won't be successful overnight. Who could realistically expect that? I sure didn't. You don't just go from DII to DI overnight. Besides FB, I don't expect this whole process to come to fruition for at least 10-15 yrs. I am willing to deal with that, as are many others. The bigger picture will always outweigh the small picture. There eventually had to be a time to do this and the time is now. UND's time, when they see fit, will also come, and hopefully then we can agree.

GO BISON!!

And if you bison fans get bored at playoff time in F.B. you can visit the alerus to watch some PLAYOFF F.B.  Home playoff game indoors, now that's something new to a bison fan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Point taken. The Bob Babich years were not kind to the Bison. Things have changed. In time, the Bison will be hosting playoff games to the tune of 20,000 plus. Let the Sioux Crew continue to channel their taunts towards GVSU. While that gets old we'll be doing our own thing. When are you going to declare your DI exploratory year? Seriously.

GO BISON!!

BTW, how many sioux fans would be in favor of a FB game with the Bison say, next year, since the schedules are already set for '05? You can't tell me that the schollies would make THAT much of a difference (reference Montana). Do you still think you could take us?? I'm serious.

GO BISON!!

BTW, how many sioux fans would be in favor of a FB game with the Bison say, next year, since the schedules are already set for '05?  You can't tell me that the schollies would make THAT much of a difference (reference Montana).  Do you still think you could take us??  I'm serious.

GO BISON!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes

I guess it's all about aspirations then, isn't it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's about having a vision of the type of school you want your university to be and following a strategy that gets you there.

It's about having a vision of the type of school you want your university to be and following a strategy that gets you there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then continue to be that big fish. Apparently your strategy bodes you well. Best of luck.

GO BISON!!

BTW, how many sioux fans would be in favor of a FB game with the Bison say, next year, since the schedules are already set for '05?

As has been discussed here many, many times, it isn't going to happen as long as UND is DII and NDSU is DI-AA.

You can't tell me that the schollies would make THAT much of a difference (reference Montana).
As has been discussed here many, many times, playing NDSU hurts UNDs post-season playoff chances.

Do you still think you could take us??  I'm serious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but it's a moot point.

Then continue to be that big fish.  Apparently your strategy bodes you well.  Best of luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(NCAA President Myles) Brand noted that Division II emphasizes excellence in both academics and athletics, which permits a quality athletics experience while allowing student-athletes to integrate into the student body.  He also pointed out that Division II offers opportunities to as many student-athletes as possible, most of whom share in the cost of their education.