SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA needs overhaul

Big Lake Vindy

After seeing the Bina injury it's become evident that something has to be done about the horrible officiating in the WCHA. The conference needs a compelte overhaul from top to bottom. It's time for the schools to send Bruce McCloud packing and put somebody in charge who can bring order and impartiality to the conference.

School Administrations need to demand an overhaul of the "good Old Boys" club that passes itself off as officials. Greg Shepard had only one goal in mind and that's to keep his family members employed. Officials like Don Adam should have been droppped years ago. He had absolutely no guts as evidenced by the horrible call on Bina's injury. It should not take a review hours after the game to determine the action of the Denver kid was " willful intent to injure".

WCHA schools need to seriously look at removal of the current conference commission and head of officials. President Kupchella and Phil Harmeson need to take a stand and call for a review of the present WCHA structure on behalf of UND and Robbie Bina. I'll bet they'll get plenty of support.

After seeing the Bina injury it's become evident that something has to be done about the horrible officiating in the WCHA. The conference needs a compelte overhaul from top to bottom. It's time for the schools to send Bruce McCloud packing and put somebody in charge who can bring order and impartiality to the conference.

School Administrations need to demand an overhaul of the "good Old Boys" club that passes itself off as officials. Greg Shepard had only one goal in mind and that's to keep his family members employed. Officials like Don Adam should have been droppped years ago. He had absolutely no guts as evidenced by the horrible call on Bina's injury. It should not take a review hours after the game to determine the action of the Denver kid was " willful intent to injure".

WCHA schools need to seriously look at removal of the current conference commission and head of officials. President Kupchella and Phil Harmeson need to take a stand and call for a review of the present WCHA structure on behalf of UND and Robbie Bina. I'll bet they'll get plenty of support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets put something together and let them know. Lets get email address and send emails. I will do it once I get home.

What is really amazing to me is how there were two CC hits on DU players in the final that could have been five minutes. One got two for "boarding", the other of course went uncalled due to it being in the last couple of minutes and CC needed to tie the game.

The tourney should be interesting to see if the WCHA teams can re-adjust to the officials calling penalties.

What is really amazing to me is how there were two CC hits on DU players in the final that could have been five minutes.  One got two for "boarding", the other of course went uncalled due to it being in the last couple of minutes and CC needed to tie the game.

The tourney should be interesting to see if the WCHA teams can re-adjust to the officials calling penalties.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the same thing.

CC plays so under-control against everybody else, or so it seems, but against DU last night they took some really dumb penalties and got lucky that they didn't get called on a bunch more. DU must really have gotten under their skin.

DU got under everyone's skin. It would have been interesting to poll the X during that championship game to see just what percentage was rooting for CC as a result of the Bina situation. I would bet 90% of the fans not regularly cheering for DU picked CC as their team to win yesterday. I know I did.