SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics chooses Sanford as official physician provider

Wildfan

Link to the Herald Story: Sanford Health to provide UND athletes with physician services - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

Starts July 1.

It appears that UND athletics is moving away from Altru as team physicians and official healthcare. Increased coverage in the Grand Forks metro and merging of Valley Bone and Joint has definitely made them a better option then whey they bid before the last 10 year (I believe?) contract with Altru who donated $10 million to the Indoor Performance Center at the time. Will be interesting to see what else comes with this, as I know in Fargo, Bemidji, Vermillion they end up having their name they have athletics facilities named after them and may bring in additional funding for these projects we have in motion.

I haven't followed along recently but I assume the Family Medicine Residency in Grand Forks is still connected to Altru? I know Dr. Mann (Football) and Dr. Greek (Hockey) are part of the Altru FMR program. Will they change to Sanford or will UND transition from their long-time team providers? 

26 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Link to the Herald Story: Sanford Health to provide UND athletes with physician services - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

Starts July 1.

It appears that UND athletics is moving away from Altru as team physicians and official healthcare. Increased coverage in the Grand Forks metro and merging of Valley Bone and Joint has definitely made them a better option then whey they bid before the last 10 year (I believe?) contract with Altru who donated $10 million to the Indoor Performance Center at the time. Will be interesting to see what else comes with this, as I know in Fargo, Bemidji, Vermillion they end up having their name they have athletics facilities named after them and may bring in additional funding for these projects we have in motion.

I haven't followed along recently but I assume the Family Medicine Residency in Grand Forks is still connected to Altru? I know Dr. Mann (Football) and Dr. Greek (Hockey) are part of the Altru FMR program. Will they change to Sanford or will UND transition from their long-time team providers? 

Dr Greek is retiring.  He was honored prior to a game this season

11 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Dr Greek is retiring.  He was honored prior to a game this season

now that you mention it, I believe I did see a tweet about that during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Mann takes this opportunity as well. But I do believe he loved being a part of the team and the residency program.