3 Regis (Colorado) 20-3 21-6

4 Concordia-St. Paul 15-5 20-7

5 Minnesota Duluth 13-6 19-7

6 Metropolitan State 18-6 21-6

7 St. Cloud State 13-7 19-8

8 Fort Hays State 14-5 21-6

9 Colorado School of Mines 16-8 19-8

10 Southwest Minnesota State 13-8 19-9

And that the Sioux women aren't as good or as dominant as past years, but there is surely no one team that I am real afraid of on UND's home court right now,especially being it would have to be the Betty being the hockey team will/should host playoff games next weekend also. I could see them going a long ways right now, but that could change quickly because of the lack of proven depth up front. It would be nice if Sannes caould handle it. Imagine if the Sioux falter this weekend and Moorhead got to host the regional. :silly:

Selection Shows to Air Live

INDIANAPOLIS -- The 2005 NCAA Division II men's and women's basketball championship brackets will be announced exclusively in two thirty-minute selection shows Sunday evening March 6, 2005.

NCAA Productions will produce and syndicate the live announcements of the 64-team Division II basketball brackets from Indianapolis. The women's bracket will be announced at 10 p.m. Eastern time/7 p.m. Pacific time, while the men's bracket will be released at 10:30 p.m. Eastern time/7:30 p.m. Pacific time. Altitude Sports and Entertainment (DirecTV channel 644 and Dish Network channel 410) will air both selection shows live.

Regional sports networks, Carolina Sports and Entertainment (C-SET), Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS) and Comcast Local (Michigan) will all air both selection shows live. Cox Sport Television will air the shows on a same day tape delay. Madison Square Garden Network (DirecTV channel 621 and Dish Network 412) will air only the men's bracket announcement same day tape delay at 11 p.m. Eastern time / 8 p.m. Pacific time

Moorhead State #2? I doubt they'd finish higher than 4th if they were in the NCC. If the Sioux lose and Moorhead somehow ends up hosting the regional, it would almost be like home games for the Sioux based on the past turnout for UND games there in the past.

Moorhead is not a bad team

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure they're not as bad as they looked when they played the Sioux in Grand Forks, but on the other hand, they're only 3-4 against teams ranked in the current region poll, they're 1-2 vs. the NCC, and aside from winning at SW St. last week, they have no quality road wins. I think a lot of people probably have a hard time overlooking the fact that they've never been very good in the past, and as such look at them with a certain amount of skepticism. It's possible that the best team they've had coincided with a down year in the NSIC, which allowed them to win the conference. I would not expect them to consistently be any better than about fourth in the NSIC on a year-in, year-out basis.

Moorhead isnt a bad team...UND beat them by 35 before Christmas??? and it was 30 early in the second half...most of the subs played most of the second half...come on....not a bad team...wow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't base whether or not MSU is a good or bad team on that one game. Remember when the Sioux lost to Northern State and Southwest State? Besides it only matters what anyone does in the post season now.

Considering their 22-8 record, I have a hard time understanding how Augie has dropped completely out of the poll. Aside from UND, the NCC is not exactly sitting all that well for making the regional. UMD should still get in, but at fifth and with a first-round exit from the NCC tournament, they've put themselves in some jeopardy depending on what upsets may occur in the conference tournaments. SCSU is sitting at 7th with obviously an extremely difficult road game up next. Augie has to win the tournament to get in. Despite having very good records vs. the NSIC and RMAC, it's looking like it could be a struggle to get three NCC teams in.

You can't base whether or not MSU is a good or bad team on that one game. Remember when the Sioux lost to Northern State and Southwest State? Besides it only matters what anyone does in the post season now.

as was stated earlier...what is their record against regional ranked teams??? tell me....if it is the post season that counts....then when the dragons come to UND...and they get whipped if they get to the championship....what will u be saying then??? they arent too bad....i watched them play....their posts are stiffs.....they have no and i mean no outside shooting....only way their perimeter can score is going to the basket...ten feet and in...and that wont happen against NCC teams because their too athletic...so tell me...how will they score?? same way they did at UND...oh yeah....they didnt....35 points with like 12 mins left in the second half.....and thats a good team....even UND got that many on the goofers....come on...

There were some pretty happy teams in this region when UND beat USD last night. USD would have knocked somebody out of the tournament had they earned the NCC autobid. As things stand now, the top eight teams from the most recent poll should all get in. I expect to see UND vs. Fort Hays in the first round at the Betty.

According to the ncaa web site, apparently the regional has to take place on Friday, Saturday and Monday. I had hoped that perhaps it could be held Thursday, Saturday (afternoon) and Sunday so as to hopefully avoid going head-to-head with the hockey games. What this means is that on Friday night, assuming UND will be playing in the evening, parking is going to be a problem around the Ralph/Betty.

According to the ncaa web site, apparently the regional has to take place on Friday, Saturday and Monday. I had hoped that perhaps it could be held Thursday, Saturday (afternoon) and Sunday so as to hopefully avoid going head-to-head with the hockey games. What this means is that on Friday night, assuming UND will be playing in the evening, parking is going to be a problem around the Ralph/Betty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, parking is going to be a really big problem, no doubt about that.

Concordia-St. Paul beat Moorhead, and Metro beat Regis today, which probably would have resulted in UND hosting the regional even had the Sioux lost last night. In any event, my guess as to what the seedings will look like is as follows:

1. UND

2. Concordia-St. Paul

3. MSU-Moorhead

4. Metro St.

5. Regis

6. UMD

7. St. Cloud St.

8. Fort Hays St.

Spots two through five are somewhat unclear, although with Concordia beating Moorhead two of three meetings, and having quality non-conference wins vs. St. Cloud St. and UMD, I think they'll jump ahead of Moorhead despite Moorhead's better overall record and NSIC regular season title. The same would go for Metro jumping Regis since they beat Regis two of three meetings. It would be a bonus for UND if the Sioux would have opponents from the RMAC in the first two rounds. If the above seedings end up being accurate, I wouldn't be surprised to see a UND-SCSU title game. The actual pairings will be announced around 9 P.M.

Here are the actual seedings/matchups:

1. UND vs. 8. Fort Hayes St.

4. Concordia-St. Paul vs. 5. Metro St.

2. MSU-Moorhead vs. 7. St. Cloud St.

3. Regis vs. 6. UMD

This almost makes it appear as though the seedings were done without regard for today's results. I don't see how Regis could have stayed at three, and Metro St. clearly wasn't rewarded at all for having beaten Regis again. Ditto for Concordia-St. Paul seemingly having several advantages over MSU-Moorhead. The good news for the Sioux is that they are in the opposite bracket from the other two NCC teams.