SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Pre-game party at St. Cloud

Rick

There will be a gathering of UND alumni, friends and fans at DB Searle's prior to the Sioux/SCSU game on Saturday, Nov. 9th. The game is sold out so if you don't have tix, you can watch the game on TV at DB Searle's. Pre-game starts at 5pm. The team is staying at the Radisson which is short walk to DB Searle's, 18 5th Ave. S. Prizes will include Sioux t-shirts, license plate frames and other decorations.

If you would like to attend, you can rsvp to myself or to: darren.w.larson@wellsfargo.com

I will be in St. Cloud for the Friday game with a small contingent of Sioux fans and was wondering if anyone is planning a gathering before that game? If so, where at?

Also, Al Pearson from GF has a fun bus going to St. Cloud this weekend and according to the postgame show, seats were still available.

BTW, I paid $8.00 in fees per ticket through Ticketmaster. How ridiculous is that?!

Since the team is staying at the Radisson, I would imagine most people will be at DB Searle's or the Green Mill on Friday night. There isn't much of a lounge in the Radisson and both of those places are very close to the hotel.

I think Al and Company stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, out on I-94 by the truckstop and McDonalds, last year. The team also stayed out there because they were not satisfied with the Kelly Inn the year before.

I talked to Al Pearson last night and he still has room on his bus--and a way to get tickets. If you want to go with Al and his pals, call him today at 701-775-6859. He's got a block of rooms at a motel, too. If you've never taken one of these bus trips with Pearson, it's hard to describe. There's a keg, if that helps, and Al handles all the details. All you have to do is pay your money and show up. Transportation, beverage and tickets are $90, room extra. The bus leaves the Ralph at 11 a.m. on Friday and we come back Sunday morning. Join us and watch the Sioux beat the Huskies live and in person.

I just wanted to thank the group of people my brother and I met at O'Hara's in St. Cloud on Saturday night. It was really nice to meet some Sioux fans before the game and hang out with them during the game. I'm glad we came down for the better game. I'm sorry you guys didn't get to see a better Vikings game on Sunday, but at least you got a taste of how loud it can get in there. Anyway, thanks again, just goes to show what a message board like this can do!

We will be at the home series with Mankato Thanksgiving weekend. So, if anybody is getting together before the games somewhere, that would be good to know. I heard that Whitey's serves some tasty beverages, :D I'm sure we could make an appearance!