SiouxSports.com Forum

10/30/02 UND Coaches Show

PCM

Here are the notes I typed up while listening to the UND Coaches show tonight. Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman interviewed Dean Blais.

They play Yale and Princeton this weekend. Should have thrown Harvard in there, too. Talked about how much it costs to attend those schools and estimated $35,000 a year. Blais said Boston College is over $30,000 a year.

Hennessy: Fans told him that Friday's game against Niagara was one of most entertaining games in a long time, and Saturday was good, too.

Blais: They saw last year. This is a more exciting team.

About Niagara, Blais said that he didn't think their roster was too much different from ours.

They commented about how many good young players there are all over the WCHA.

Blais said he was happy with the team's performance against Niagara. He thought ref "made some interesting calls." The two shorthanded goals by Spiewak and Notermann turned the game around.

Blais said that he then screwed it up by replacing Notermann and Spiewak, after which Niagara scored on the power play. Hennessy said Notermann told him he was gassed anyway.

Blais didn

You know, I didn't ask. Brian doesn't like to talk about who isn't going to play. They are so protective of one another. I know there were only 25 tickets to go. Last week, with Brian out of the line up, we got a good look into how the boys feel when they have to sit out. Those kids are so disappointed when they don't make the game sheet. My heart hurt for several of them last weekend. I'm afraid there is going to be some very disappointed Sioux players every week. I guess it's, "just part of it" and it's like this every year. Maybe because we are getting to know the boys on such a personal level now, I hurt along with them. Maybe it's a "Mom thing"... :p