SiouxSports.com Forum

Is it Chemistry or

Fetch

I had posted this under the PCM's article about Drew.

I think Drew has played well - But notice no one is ever in front of the net - seems very few are really intent on scoring :sad:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (from Drew) about WJ team

You have to have chemistry

I'm hoping some Mad Scientist can make this happen for the SIOUX Soon too

You just know it's there & keep waiting for it to burst out & what a FUN Team they would be to watch

I have no Formulas to offer ...except maybe after this weekend (if the explosion does not happen) then mix the chemicals up & try to find what reacts with what ? ? ?

Were any of the coaches real Scorers ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eades scored 85 goals for the Sioux including 27 as a freshman. He wasn't super-skilled, but he was relentless at getting to the front of the net and staying there.

In my opinion, a player like him would be a very big asset to this year's team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=7536

Edit: Sorry, Schmidtdoggydog. I was working on my post when yours appeared.

So why is it they are not as aggressive at scoring ? Is this something you get coached to do ? Or just have a nose for ? Or is it the offense they are running ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure scoring can be coached. If that was the case, Tice nor Green would be head coaches in football, Dahl would have been fired a long time ago at SCSU, and the adage "Defense wins championships" would be the laughing stock of the sports world.

Coaches can teach plays that could produce scoring chances, but it is the player's responsibility to put the puck in the twine, not the coach. The coach positions the players for the strike. That's my take on it, though since I'm not a coach, I could be wrong.