SiouxSports.com Forum

What's your take on the rematch?

UNO Rules

I think the UND women will win big--by 20 or more. Aside from the Northern State fiasco, they've really done well at home, including a fairly convincing win over highly-ranked Seattle Pacific. Clearly, the Sioux have been quite poor away from home, however.

The men's game will likely go down to the wire. If Rypkema can stay out of foul trouble and UND can knock down some 3's, don't be too surprised if the Sioux get the sweep. If the "good" Sioux team shows up, they're extremely difficult to beat. If the team that lost to Bemidji St. and Concordia-St. Paul shows up, then UNO probably wins easily.

Hats off to both UND teams. Girls got some serious revenge. I will say if you told me that we would split the series with UND, I would have taken it in a heartbeat regardless of the score. :angry:

Mens team played flat and against a good team like UND you are asking for trouble. Mckenna said in postgame that this was the first time all season that our teams effort level was poor. Tough game at USD on Thursday. :D

I believe tonight was far more representative of the "real" UND women's team than were the last two games at SW St. and UNO. If a neutral observer had only seen tonight's game, they would not believe it possible that UND could have ever lost to UNO. Nevertheless, the Sioux need to start learning how to play away from home the way they play at BEA/REA. Of course, the other big difference between the two games was Ashley Langen. She was apparently quite hobbled last week, but dominated tonight, scoring 22 pts. in just 20 minutes.

Kudos to Rich Glas and the Sioux men for an impressive sweep of UNO. I'd be surprised if anybody else in the NCC manages that feat this year.

So how was the atmosphere/attendance at the Ralph compared to the Betty?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The official attendance numbers were about 3500 for the women and 3800 for the men, which isn't bad. The atmosphere was like it's typically been at REA for basketball, which is to say it's pretty dead. It's hard to say how much of that was due to 1) the women's game was pretty lop-sided for most of the game and 2) the men's game had no flow to it. But I suspect that barring an absolute classic nailbiter (and even then I'm not sure the atmosphere would be much better), it's going to be very quiet in REA for a basketball game.

Why do you save your best games for us and lay an egg against USD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey...VERY FEW teams could have beat USD on Saturday - they played awesome! Mueller was his usual JERK self but scored...Trofholz dominated the middle and that geek from Dakota Wesleyan obviously ate his wheaties that morning. UND expended so much energy fighting back from the early deficit - they didn't have anything left in the tank after they tied it at 50-50. The sweep of UNO was HUGE...we'll have another crack at the 'yotes....thursdays game againt the Mav's is REALLY big. A win there and we'll be 3 of 4 against the best teams in the league...