SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Jonathan Toews

#1Hakfan

Welcome Mr. Towes to the Fighting Sioux family. We have heard a lot about you and we cant wait for next year to watch you play. Another great one from Winnipeg like years past we had James Patrick, Bob Joyce, Russ Parent, Lee Davidson, Lee Goren, Colby Genoway and many others. Not to mention another great to wear number 9 like Dusty Carol, Greg Johnson, Landon Wilson, Jason Ulmer and others.

I could only imagine the stress you and your family had to deal with in trying to make a decsion on where to play, but we Sioux fans are very happy with your pick and we know that the rest of your life you will never ever have any regrets for choosing UND. The college days are always some of the best days in most people's life and everyone should experience it. You will make friends for life and as you can tell we have proud alumni who are dedicated to the program for their entire lifetime. You can know you made the right decsion and now you can relax and just play the game. Cant wait to see you play and good luck on the rest of the year.

Welcome Mr. Towes to the Fighting Sioux family.  We have heard a lot about you and  we cant wait for next year to watch you play. Another great one from Winnipeg like years past we had James Patrick, Bob Joyce, Russ Parent, Lee Davidson, Lee Goren, Colby Genoway and many others.  Not to mention another great to wear number 9 like Dusty Carol, Greg Johnson, Landon Wilson, Jason Ulmer and others. 

I could only imagine the stress you and your family  had to deal with in trying to make a decsion on where to play, but we Sioux fans are very happy with your pick and we know that the rest of your life you will never ever have any regrets for choosing UND.  The college days are always some of the best days in most people's life and everyone should experience it.  You will make friends for life and as you can tell we have proud alumni who are dedicated to the program for their entire lifetime.  You can know you made the right decsion and now you can relax and just play the game.  Cant wait to see you play and good luck on the rest of the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your forgot also from Winnipeg...Russ Romaniuk

Welcome Mr. Towes to the Fighting Sioux family.  We have heard a lot about you and  we cant wait for next year to watch you play. Another great one from Winnipeg like years past we had James Patrick, Bob Joyce, Russ Parent, Lee Davidson, Lee Goren, Colby Genoway and many others.  Not to mention another great to wear number 9 like Dusty Carol, Greg Johnson, Landon Wilson, Jason Ulmer and others. 

I could only imagine the stress you and your family  had to deal with in trying to make a decsion on where to play, but we Sioux fans are very happy with your pick and we know that the rest of your life you will never ever have any regrets for choosing UND.  The college days are always some of the best days in most people's life and everyone should experience it.  You will make friends for life and as you can tell we have proud alumni who are dedicated to the program for their entire lifetime.  You can know you made the right decsion and now you can relax and just play the game.  Cant wait to see you play and good luck on the rest of the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Toews desides to come to UND, it would be wonderful, but there is still a debate to whether or not he will show up on campus until the next LOI signing happens in the spring. Until then, its pretty much a crapshoot because verbals mean next to nothing. In fact I believe I have yet to see an official press release regarding his verbal commitment to UND, so I would be skeptical as to if this information has any truth to it at all. Rumors spread easily in the small world that is college hockey.

If Toews desides to come to UND, it would be wonderful, but there is still a debate to whether or not he will show up on campus until the next LOI signing happens in the spring. Until then, its pretty much a crapshoot because verbals mean next to nothing. In fact I believe I have yet to see an official press release regarding his verbal commitment to UND, so I would be skeptical as to if this information has any truth to it at all. Rumors spread easily in the small world that is college hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many "official" releases do you need? Well my friend, heres another, already linked on the other Toews thread, and it seems to be pretty offical,

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/10631832.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also like to welcome Jonathon if he indeed choses to come here.

BTW, speaking of the above Russ Parent, is he related to Ryan Parent of the Guelph Storm?

Anyone know? Russ would've had to have been 19 when he had him but like they say, "What else is there to do in Canada but play hockey, get pissed, and have sex?"

Oh, and don't forget our current player with ties to Winnepeg, Travis Zajac.