SiouxSports.com Forum

QB's with radio helmets?

LyRoMaTo

There is a rules committee for the American Football Coaches Association that wants coaches to be able to communicate with with their QB's via a radio receiver in helmets similar to what the NFL uses. This was an article in the USA today newspaper. The AFCA is going to recommend this to the NCAA rules committee which meets next month. The cost factor per unit is 3,000 to 4,000 dollars. That would help out opposing teams abit when they have to enter the Alerus but it probably won't happen to Div II any time soon. I think that would be a "Crappy" idea. Its alot funner to try and pick off the other teams signals when you sit in the stands. I think football should be left alone and not be turned into some sport that relys on technology in order to play a game.

There is a rules committee for the American Football Coaches Association that wants coaches to be able to communicate with with their QB's via a radio receiver in helmets similar to what the NFL uses. This was an article in the USA today newspaper. The AFCA is going to recommend this to the NCAA rules committee which meets next month. The cost factor per unit is 3,000 to 4,000 dollars. That would help out opposing teams abit when they have to enter the Alerus but it probably won't happen to Div II any time soon. I think that would be a "Crappy" idea. Its alot funner to try and pick off the other teams signals when you sit in the stands. I think football should be left alone and not be turned into some sport that relys on technology in order to play a game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think this would diminish the home field advantage for the sioux inside the alerus unless they for some reason decided to put a radio in everybody's helmet.