SiouxSports.com Forum

Niagara Series

dagies

One other thing.

Again, I only saw half of each game, and even then was a bit distracted for various reasons. But it seemed to me at times the Sioux still had trouble clearing the zone.

Am I the only one concerned about this?

I don't think clearing the zone was a consistent problem either night.

Didn't watch the games, but listened over the net to both. Blais said he planned on playing Siembida on Saturday, but decided to start Brandt to see how he would react to a less-than-stellar performance the night before.

As for clearing the zone, they didn't seem to have many segments when Niagara kept the puck in UND's end for very long. However, when they did, as with the power play, they scored.

I am a little concerned about play with the puck in our own end. While Niagara didn't have alot of possession time in the Sioux zone, there were stretches when UND had trouble clearing. I didn't think Niagara had a very aggressive forecheck so our difficulty may not have been exploited as a team with more talent up front could have.

It seems that our D, as a group, still lack confidence with the puck. They played exceptional defense but I thought failed to initiate alot of good rushes from our own zone. Also, I thought Jake Brandt was horrible with the puck; he should never leave the net.

OTOH, the defense (including Brandt) had 9 of the 17 assists for the weekend, so what do I know. :p