SiouxSports.com Forum

Penalty on field goal attemt in 4th Quarter

chevy49

Okay, if a coach was asked a question for every time he got upset the post game interview would end up being half an hour.  Lennon said it was a tough call against his team.  RIGHT THEN AND THERE, the reporter should have stopped.

That reporter should also know that coaches can get fined for speaking negatively about officials, yet he asked the question.  In fact the head coach of the University of Kansas (Mark Mangino or something like that) was fined for talking about poor officiating in a post game interview after they lost to Texas.....That reporter showed poor judgement, and is an idiot in my book...... :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Wilbur:

Fine, you're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is, the interviewer was simply doing his job. I taped the game, and just watched the interview. The guy asked lennon two questions about the play: 1) what's your interpretation of the rule, and 2) was it the right call. The whole sequence about the play took a total of 23 seconds (i would hardly call that beating it to death), and when Lennon refused to comment on the second question, the reporter moved on.

As for the Kansas coach, if he bad mouths the officials, how is that the reporter's fault? You're calling the reporter "an idiot" for what came out of the coach's mouth?! Please!

No, I'm calling the reporter an idiot for trying to get an answer out of the coach when he should know that coaches are not allowed to comment on officials.  I'm not a broadcasting expert, and even I know that..... :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pat Sweeney asked Lennon the same thing on the coaches show. Are you saying that Pat Sweeney is an idiot? :lol:

No, I'm calling the reporter an idiot for trying to get an answer out of the coach when he should know that coaches are not allowed to comment on officials.  I'm not a broadcasting expert, and even I know that..... :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine. Thank you. Good night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to disagree, Wilbur. Any good sports reporter who saw how angry the normally calm Lennon was about the penalty would have asked him about it. And while everyone knows that coaches aren't supposed to comment on officiating, that doesn't mean they don't.

Most coaches know how far they can go before crossing the line. It's not the reporter's responsibility to make sure a coach doesn't say something he might later be sorry for.