SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior

#1Hakfan

It's getting close so its time to start talking about the World Junior tourney. How cool will it be to see the #1 and 2 picks in last years NHL draft (the 2 Russians) and see Sidney Crosby and the Loaded team Canada. Best of all go out and support the home team and finally getting to chant in person: USA USA USA,

rootin for Drew and the rest of USA. Will Zajac get picked by Canada, that would be great. A couple questions, When the Sioux play USA and score, do we give Montoya the Sieve chant. After all he does play for Michigan, but yet team USA. Speaking of goalies they should add Lammy, he would be as good as any of the other backups. I hope when they announce Drew Stafford no one says "Whos he, he sucks" he will only play vs. UND 1 time and Only Duluth fans would do that to their home team. Cant wait, Im pulling for USA, but if they dont do it, I hope Canada does. The Russians and Finns are suppose to be good, but if its not us, I will pull for our neighbors to the north.

I hope when they announce Drew Stafford no one says "Whos he, he sucks" he will only play vs. UND 1 time and Only Duluth fans would do that to their home team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry no one will chant that at Stafford. I remember a few years back in the old Englestad area one of the Ulmer brothers played for the Canadian National team. The rest of the line up got the standard "whos he" chant and Ulmer got a round of applause. Same will happen for Drew. ???

I thought Lammy was still 19.  I think you have to be born after Jan 1st 1985.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the UND media guide is correct and Lamoureux was born on Aug. 20, 1984, he can't be 19. And I thought I was bad at math. ;)

It's getting close so its time to start talking about the World Junior tourney.  How cool will it be to see the #1 and 2 picks in  last years NHL draft (the 2 Russians) and see Sidney Crosby and the Loaded team Canada.  Best of all go out and support the home team and finally getting to chant in person: USA USA USA,

rootin for Drew and the rest of USA.  Will Zajac get picked by Canada, that would be great.  A couple questions, When the Sioux play USA and score, do we give Montoya the Sieve chant.  After all he does play for Michigan, but yet team USA.    Speaking of goalies they should add Lammy, he would be as good as any of the other backups.  I hope when they announce Drew Stafford no one says "Whos he, he sucks" he will only play vs. UND 1 time and Only Duluth fans would do that to their home team. Cant wait, Im pulling for USA, but if they dont do it, I hope Canada does.  The Russians and Finns are suppose to be good, but if its not us, I will pull for our neighbors to the north.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zajac was not invited to the latest Canadian camp according to reports that I read on Hockeys Future.

Zajac was not invited to the latest Canadian camp according to reports that I read on Hockeys Future.

People talk about east coast bias...this might be the major junior bias.

As in Murray's situation last year, I don't think they like to pick kids that go to US colleges.

Murrays situation last year? Seems the Canadian national team didnt gaurantte Muarry a spot they dont do that, you have to try out for the team. He was gaurantted a spot on the USA team so he took it, so how is there a bias to college hockey there.

Zajac? I am not sure if you are aware but there is a NHL lockout so the talent pool is that much better for teams to choose from so Zajac I doubt will even be invited to the final tryouts, and even if there wasnt a lockout its not like Zajac is setting the league on fire. Dont see a bias there either.

The other thing that was blown out of proportion last year was when USA won the gold medal, the media calling it a MIRACLE 2. It wasnt a MIRACLE team USA was favored to win the tournament and the desereved to. To compare the USA junior team winning over a Canadian team they where picked to finish higher then is not a Miracle. Usa was the better team. Ya beating maybe one of the greatest Russian hockey teams ever with the roster on the USA team that year was a Miracle. It doesnt give the Usa junior team the credit they deserve when you call it a Miracle when they won.

Murrays situation last year? Seems the Canadian national team didnt gaurantte Muarry a spot they dont do that, you have to try out for the team. He was gaurantted a spot on the USA team so he took it, so how is there a bias to college hockey there.

Zajac? I am not sure if you are aware but there is a NHL lockout so the talent pool is that much better for teams to choose from so Zajac I doubt will even be invited to the final tryouts, and even if there wasnt a lockout its not like Zajac is setting the league on fire. Dont see a bias there either.

The other thing that was blown out of proportion last year was when USA won the gold medal, the media calling it a MIRACLE 2. It wasnt a MIRACLE team USA was favored to win the tournament and the desereved to. To compare the USA junior team winning over a Canadian team they where picked to finish higher then is not a Miracle. Usa was the better team. Ya beating maybe one of the greatest Russian hockey teams ever with the roster on the USA team that year was a Miracle. It doesnt give the Usa junior team the credit they deserve when you call it a Miracle when they won.

Ok, I take it back.

Feel better?

I read where Zajac tried out this summer and did really good, but it looks like the will be chosing the team from this russian challenge thing. Thats to bad, remeber that some canadien guy upset Brett Hull a few years ago.

The team USA will be announced on tuesday, I wonder if any guys will be added that didnt try out. Assuming they are young enough (I dont know any birth dates) I bet that Goligoski or Peltier from Minnesota will be added. I wonder if Zack Jones or Taylor Chorney have a shot.

And it was Mike Eaves (minnesotahockey journal) that said Potunly and Irmen may get added and it turned out both were to old, you would think he would know that.