SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS WEEKEND THOUGHTS

AZSIOUX

Just wondering everyones thoughts on the weekend series coming up. i personally have only been able to watch wisconsin play once on tv on and off during the sioux game last saturday night when they played nthe gophers.

it would be great to have a offensive breakout this weekend and open the flood gates for at least one game. sounds like wisconsins goalie bruckler is pretty good...

Just wondering everyones thoughts on the weekend series coming up. i personally have only been able to watch wisconsin play once on tv on and off during the sioux game last saturday night when they played nthe gophers.

it would be great to have a offensive breakout this weekend and open the flood gates for at least one game. sounds like wisconsins goalie bruckler is pretty good...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This should be a great series. I wish it was on tv in Mpls.I have the feeling this is gonna be real intense as both teams have not played up to thier abilities at this point . I look for a split 3-2 Bucky on friday and 4-1 UND on Sat

There are lots of things we have to do to win.

I think a key may be staying out of the box. WI leads the nation? in PP goals. 15 of their 34 goals have been on the PP.

For the Sioux 8 of our 25 goals have been on the PP.

Play smart hockey and make them beat us 5-5 and we have a much better shot.

Oh, and high blocker on Bruckler....

I think UW is vastly over-estimated. Their forwards with the exception of Ross Carlson don't look to shoot and their defense will give up several quality chances per game. Brukler can still be very tough, but does not have the support of last season's Bucky team.

I predict a UND sweep, but of course I predicted that last year as well. :lol:

I think UW is vastly over-estimated.  Their forwards with the exception of Ross Carlson don't look to shoot and their defense will give up several quality chances per game.  Brukler can still be very tough, but does not have the support of last season's Bucky team.

I predict a UND sweep, but of course I predicted that last year as well.  :lol:

Get off our side! :huh:

My thought for your guys...high blocker side on Bruckler....

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree I saw that after they showed the Irman goal 20 times on the Don Lucia show last night.

Yep go blocker side on Bruckler. Thank God this guy graduates this season.

I am sick and tired of losing to the dirty Badgers. I just hope we can get a split. So UND isn't wasting great efforts from the goaltending. I think Phil deserves the Rookie of the week honors based on his performance tonight.

Having faced 17, most lengthy, 5 on 3's, while getting 2 or 3 two-man advantages (which totalled about 10 seconds), the Sioux have become the poster-child for the new penalty emphasis.

Sounded like some very weak calls last night, which the Sioux seem to follow up with a very obvious cross check (or similar) to go down 2.

Just curious as I did not see the game.

When the UW d-men had the puck in their zone how did they handle pressure from the UND forwards? The Sconny D were horrible against MN (bad passes, iced it a ton, turned it over even more, etc.) and I am curious if this continued against UND.

Thanks.

Just curious as I did not see the game. 

When the UW d-men had the puck in their zone how did they handle pressure from the UND forwards?  The Sconny D were horrible against MN (bad passes, iced it a ton, turned it over even more, etc.) and I am curious if this continued against UND. 

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Sioux started the game forechecking hard causing them to cough the puck up. Then they stopped forechecking hard, instead trying to carry the puck in the zone.

The Sioux can't pass the puck this year, which IMO is the source of most of their problems. They have no team game.

The Sioux D were played well defensively (except Radke getting burned on the WI goal), but they looked more like the D you described than the WI D. I don't know how many times Smaby passed it right to a WI player.

I don't understand why Bina isn't playing every game. His style of play is what the Sioux need from the point. I hate to say it but Greene may be hurting the team more than helping. The Sioux can't afford giving up 10-15+ penalties a game.