SiouxSports.com Forum

early signing period bball

UND92,96

It appears we can expect LOI's from Blackwell and Wills for the men, and Kayla Baagason for the women. Still no word on Kimbrough's intentions. Any word on other potential signees?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As previous posts have noted, the men have an offer out to Cory Vernon of Madison. He probably will stay closer to home. I believe an offer is also out to Jeff Probst, a 6'6" forward from Moose Lake, MN. They hope to convince Gunhus to walk on. We have lots of players at the 2 or 3 position.

The search for a big man will likely not take place until spring when they know who will be eligible to go DI and who will who need to go DII.

This posted today, courtesy of Wills commitment story

Andy Wills Commits to the University of North Dakota

Andy Wills

By Errol Carlstrom

Andy Wills, the former Pulley Panther who is in his senior year at Mankato-West, has decided to attend the University of North Dakota. The 6-6 Wills said that UND offered him a basketball scholarship at the end of the summer and he took his official visit 2-weeks ago and then committed.

The facilities at UND are amazing and the coaching staff, lead by head coach Rich Glass reminds me of my high school staff, they are all really cool, Andy said. The campus is beautiful and compact with trees galore, Andy continued. I plan to major in education, coaching and maybe business too.

I had a fantastic visit where we attended both UND vs. Gopher hockey games. The atmosphere was great and my future teammates were really fun to be with.

Andy wanted to make sure his Pulley experience was mentioned. I loved playing for the Panther’s and playing against all the high profile Nike circuit talent. It made me a better player. I also enjoyed visiting all the great places we played, like Las Vegas, New York, New Orleans, etc.

Andy Wills is the son of Randy & Cheryl Wills and he has 4-brothers, Jake, Ben, Matt & Dan. Thank you, Randy & Cheryl for supporting the Panther's this past summer. We really appreciate it. Also, hopefully there are a couple more players like Andy in that group that will play for the Panthers some day.

Congratulations Andy, all of us wish you the best in basketball and academics during your senior year and at UND next year.

It looks to me like there may be some positive signs regarding Kimbrough's decision. One, there was a recruiting article in the Des Moines paper in which Iowa division I women's programs' recruiting was discussed, and her name was not mentioned as being part of the Iowa St.'s expected five-person recruiting class. Two, there was a list of expected dI signees from the state of Minnesota in the Star-Tribune, and although there were a couple of Iowa St. commitments, she was not listed as one of them. Hopefully we get some good news in the next couple of days.