SiouxSports.com Forum

SI on campus

und4life

In this week's SI oncampus:

"The center of the college hockey universe is located in the Middle of Nowhere, U.S.A. A diamond in the rough, wind-whipped steppes of the Roughrider State, Ralph Englestad Arena is an opulent shrine to the North Dakota hockey team, which has won seven national championships and sent 59 players to the NHL. Few pros, however, enjoy a home more extravagant than the Ralph, a $100 million complex that was completed in 2001. Every one of its 11,400 leather-lunged spectators sits in a leather chair with armrests cut from Valley Forge cherry wood. 'We've had kids walk in and stand at center ice and commit right there,' former coach Dean Blais said. 'And that was before it was even finished.'"

Just got my new Sports Illustrated today with the Red Sox on the front. I didn't see anything about the Sioux in it. Was this in the actual magazine or just online? You were talking about the real Sports Illustrated and not just our "rip off" Sioux Illustrated, correct? I just figured it was the real thing because in the college magazine it wouldn't be that big of a deal not being national news. Was looking forward to the magazine and news, dissapointed.

:silly:

i went to arizona state and there is a totally different si campus issue that comes out. weekly or monthly, can't remember..its shows college athletes and so forth. its about 1/5 of the size of a regular SI issue. i remember when SI came to the ralph in 2001 they turned the article into a ralph bashing piece that did not go over well with dean and the university...i still have that mag and it did not do the sioux any favors.....i am hoping to get a few of these from on campus here in az...will post if i have any extra...