SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Tragedy

If only we had Belfour

Four days after that, which was exactly one year ago Wednesday, Zholtok was cleared by his cardiologist to return to the Wild.

Hmm, any lawyers on here specialize in medical malpractice?

This is very sad, he was one of the most liked players on the Wild. I sold beer at the Excel Center a few years ago, he was always on the ice goofing around before warmups. He would hop over the glass and talk to us vendors and ushers. Not that anyone could really understand what he was saying. He was just a very friendly guy. It seems crap like this always happens to the nice guys, why couldn't it have happened to a guy like Latrell Sprewell instead :silly:

I am a collector of foreign hockey jerseys (particularly Russian and former Eastern Bloc countries) and have a contact who is an importer for Kait, one of the primary jersey makers (along with Lutch). He had a LATVIA jersey on the shelf and gave me a good deal on it about a year ago. ZOLTOKS is the name on the back, Zholtok in English. Along with Arturs Irbe, easily one of the most popular players in Latvia. Most Latvian hockey players were scooped right up in the Cold War and shipped to the Red Army team in Moscow. Zholtok (and Irbe) proudly represented their own country after the breakup of the Evil Empire. A sad day for Latvian hockey indeed.