SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonight's game on CSTV

radionews

can't justify to my wife  :0 to get a channel for $12 a month (is that the right price) for one Sioux hockey game. anyone know if I can order it today and cancel next week and if the price would be pro-rated for just a couple days?;)??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you'll pay the $12 for a month, and there is (was?) a disconnect fee as well. Lots of college hockey on the Fox stations, though, if you like to watch a variety of teams.

I just added the Fox Sports package to my Directv again for the first Sioux game. I cancel after the college season is over every year.

When I was adding it back, I asked if there were any deals going on for this. Since I was such a long time subscriber they gave it to me for $2.00 /month. The catch, I had to commit for 1 year of sattelite programming on Directv. If interested call their toll free #, don't order online.

After the Sioux series at Wisconsin (Nov. 11 & 12), I will be dropping my Direct TV satellite for about 5 months (until the college hockey season is over). I will be adding the local cable here, because it carries the Sioux home games and some playoffs, if they should not be at GF. I'll have the Satellite reconnected after the college hockey season, for a $25 reconnection fee, and in the meantime, pay a $5/month fee to have it ready for reconnection, rather than total "withdrawal" from the satellite program. This is information that I received yesterday in a conversation with a Direct TV representative. The cost of the cable is about $39/month, slightly more than my satellite cost. I also have the CSN so I was able to see the Maine games and will see the BC game tonight, but will drop it when I drop the regular Direct TV package after the afore mentioned Wisconsin series. The total extra cost of this manuevering will be about $50, after reconnecting the satellite next spring. Even if it were about $200, I'd still do it, since I'm not paying for NHL Center Ice. I figure I'll get at least 20 Sioux games on cable, so that seems like a very good deal to me.

I know that DirecTV has pro-rated my stuff before, but you might have to pay for at least one month.

You can always suspend your service. Every time I came back to EGF, I'd just tell them I was going away for the month and I didn't pay a dime. I came back and called them and they rehooked. I've never paid a reconnection fee.