SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers vs. Sioux in NYC?

hooper

Does anyone know where I can watch the Gophers vs. Sioux in the New York City area? I think there was an alumni event a couple of years ago in New Jersey, but I haven't heard or read anything since. Any help with Bars/Restaurants that may have Fox Sports North, etc... would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mike

Does anyone know where I can watch the Gophers vs. Sioux in the New York City area?  I think there was an alumni event a couple of years ago in New Jersey, but I haven't heard or read anything since.  Any help with Bars/Restaurants that may have Fox Sports North, etc... would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any bar with DirecTV or DishNetwork that has the sports package will have the game.

Hello hooper,

I live in New Jersey and just started following the Sioux last month. There is a very nice sports bar/restaurant called Damons in Rockaway, Morris County. Just take I-80 west to the Rockaway/Hibernia exit. Their phone number is 973-664-1000. A couple weeks ago I went there during the baseball playoffs and I was the only person there not watching baseball. The manager,possibly david or dane not sure about the name, put a tv on college sports television network for the Sioux game against maine(direct tv number 610) for me.Very nice about it. They have 4 big screens and about 16 regular screens. I did not know that the games against Minnesota were on fox sports north(direct tv number 641). If you give them a call, they should be able to tell you if they get that channel, but I would think if they can get cstv,then they probably can get fox sports north.---Are you sure this is on fox sports north because I did not see anything about it on this site or on fightingsioux.com? Hope I have helped some.

I just checked directv.com and they say that fox sports north will have the games. Still haven't seen this info. on the university's fightingsioux.com site---maybe I am just missing it.

It honestly never occurred to me to list national broadcasts of games as news, but I guess it is newsworthy. The games' availability on FSN/DirecTV was mentioned on the UND alumni listing I mentioned here, but I'll also start posting it as news on the front page.

Hey Jim?  Was that a backhanded slap at bison fans and them fawning all over themselves about seeing their score on the espn ticker?  If so, well played!  If not, oh well. :0

Nah, I didn't even know that was a particular source of pride. Using scores on a ticker as a milestone is humorously timed, in that I noticed this year ESPN has been running the top DII scores; every Saturday night I see N. Dakota and our football game result scroll across ESPN at my undisclosed local watering hole.

However, it is understandable; when Kupchella talks about how we already have one D-I sport, I forget that other DII schools have never seen their premier sport on the regional FSN's, on the ESPN ticker, etc... Guess I've been taking the few series/year on FSN for granted; unfortunately, with only 1 Gopher series and no games at Denver, I think this year is an all-time low :) I've been lobbying my cable company to add CSTV which seems like it will have at least 1 Sioux game/year, but so far they haven't bitten.