SiouxSports.com Forum

Attendance at the Ralph

redarmy

Did th Ralph hire the attendance counter from the Fargodome. At the Game against Manitoba, it was announced that the attendace was over 11,000. I wonder if the 3000 empty seats had were camoflauged. Isn't everything computerized. Can't they give us an accurtae attendance, not just tickets sold!

That's the trend in sports, today, redarmy. No one gives out actual attendance figures anymore, they just count tickets sold as actual attendance. The Xcel Energy Center is a good place for this...they had a consecutive game sellout-streak snapped this past season, but trust me, on any given night, there are tons of empty seats and the same 2-3 scalpers outside peddling off hundreds of tickets.

Did th Ralph hire the attendance counter from the Fargodome.  At the Game against Manitoba, it was announced that the attendace was over 11,000.  I wonder if the 3000 empty seats had were camoflauged.  Isn't everything computerized.  Can't they give us an accurtae attendance, not just tickets sold!

How many were in the pro shop? The Penalty Box? Wandering the concourses? Gawking at the arena itself? Most season ticket holders give exhibition games away to folks who aren't there just for the game.

And hey, why not hire that counter at The Al too? :D:(