SiouxSports.com Forum

The new rules less obstruction.

Goon

Do you like the new enforcment of the rules?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new enforcment of the rules?

• 1. Yes
    • 2. no
    • 3. its about time
    • 4. its bad for teams like UofW, SCSU, UAA, MTU, DU

I think its about time the NCAA looked at the NCAA title game last year and saw a brutal game that was really hard to watch. No one wants to watch that crap.

This is going to be good for teams like UND and UofM. They now will be allowed to skate and play hockey the way its supposed to be played. I think we will see a difference come mid way through the season. Teams like SCSU are going to have to change the way they play the game.

I think its about time the NCAA looked at the NCAA title game last year and saw a brutal game that was really hard to watch. No one wants to watch that crap.

This is going to be good for teams like UND and UofM. They now will be allowed to skate and  play hockey the way its supposed to be played. I think we will see a difference come mid way through the season. Teams like SCSU are going to have to change the way they play the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too bad the "even out" refs from the WCHA will just see this as a reason to call more penalties on both teams. I see MG in the box a lot this season :blush:

Yes I like it, but not totally yet.  If they stay with it, teams will adapt.  If it goes as planned, it will really make the game faster, and I think better to watch.  It will take a while though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then with that you will see the top teams rise and the ones that can't skate basically not be able to compete. I know Blaiser was on this for years and I find it ironic that after he leaves they put this rule in.