SiouxSports.com Forum

First game for Sioux AND Me

JESUS,family,rutgers

Good luck this weekend against Maine, North Dakota players and fans! This will be the first game I have seen the Sioux play on TV since I became a fan. I do seem to remember them a few years back on ESPN in the NCAA's. I checked with a local sports bar here in New Jersey to see if they get DirectTV channel 610 and would show the game. They were great about saying they will show it . They have about 20 TV's and all you have to do is ask and they put a set on for you showing a game you want. Hoping with the NHL greedfest going on, other sports networks will start showing college hockey more. GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

Good luck this weekend against Maine, North Dakota players and fans! This will be the first game I have seen the Sioux play on TV since I became a fan. I do seem to remember them a few years back on ESPN in the NCAA's. I checked with a local sports bar here in New Jersey to see if they get DirectTV channel 610 and would show the game. They were great about saying they will show it . They have about 20 TV's and all you have to do is ask and they put a set on for you showing a game you want. Hoping with the NHL greedfest going on, other sports networks will start showing college hockey more. GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So how did you like it?

not a typical Sioux performance (god KNOWS there shouldn't be that many penalties!) but you had to love the OT Penalty Shot ending...that doesn't happen TOO often in college hockey...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I loved it!!!---Way to go Fighting Sioux. I watched the game on College Sports TV at a sports bar where I could not hear any audio,but I was surprised at how well CSTV's video coverage was. I really did not know anything about the player who scored the penalty shot, but I just had a good feeling when he started skating toward the Maine goalie. What a great way to start the season--winning in OT against the number 2 team in the country. A couple things I noticed were that the mushy ice seemed to slow down the skating and I have never seen players have to walk up into the stands to get into the locker rooms. Hope the team( and football team) do well again tonight, but even a split in Maine would still be a fine beginning to the season. Do most of you expect North Dakota's ranking to go up a bit?

know anything about the player who scored the penalty shot, but I just had a good feeling when he started skating toward the Maine goalie. What a great way to start the season--winning in OT against the number 2 team in the country. Do most of you expect North Dakota's ranking to go up a bit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drew Stafford, the goal scorer is an 18 year old sophomore (or did he just turn 19), recruited from Minnesota's Shattuck St. Marys prep school. Drew was recently a first round draft selection of the Buffalo Sabres. He was part of the US' World Junior (under 20) championship team last January in Helsinki, Finland, and will likely be part of this year's USA WJC team.

It (ranking) will jump a bit is they win tonight also, but the polls don't mean anything. Later in the season, when all teams have more games completed, check out the Pairwise Rankings links on the uscho rankings page. The 16 teams that are picked for the NCAA tourney are picked primarily from this ratings system (post season conference tourney winner gets an auto bid). Beating Maine, who is likely to end up with a good record in HE, will be important to the Sioux's pairwise ranking down the road.

It (ranking) will jump a bit is they win tonight also, but the polls don't mean anything. Later in the season, when all  teams have more games completed, check out the Pairwise Rankings links on the uscho rankings page. The 16 teams that are picked for the NCAA tourney are picked primarily from this ratings system (post season conference tourney winner gets an auto bid). Beating Maine, who is likely to end up with a good record in HE, will be important to the Sioux's pairwise ranking down the road.

Mandatory shameless plug: Or the PWR rankings on SiouxSports.com (which, in addition to the raw rankings you can also get from USCHO, lets you dive into the calculations behind the individual comparison components, if stats are your thing).

Mandatory shameless plug: Or the PWR rankings on SiouxSports.com (which, in addition to the raw rankings you can also get from USCHO, lets you dive into the calculations behind the individual comparison components, if stats are your thing).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoops, sorry, knew it was here along with whatif pages and all the other good stuff, should have said just visit ss.com for all your D1 hockey needs :angry:

Why does Maine get an RQW for last night's loss?

Whoops, sorry, knew it was here along with whatif pages and all the other good stuff, should have said just visit ss.com for all your D1 hockey needs :angry:

Why does Maine get an RQW for last night's loss?

That must be for the road win vs. Vermont, since it was an NC game. The PWR pages here were fresh on my mind because I'm actually working this afternoon on making the RPI results more valid in the early season (right now I assume a team with no games played has a win% of 1.0, whereas it actually needs to be marked undefined). My wife has been distracted by a new video game for the last couple weeks, giving me an inordinate amount of free programming time :(

Drew Stafford, the goal scorer is an 18 year old sophomore (or did he just turn 19), recruited from Minnesota's Shattuck St. Marys prep school.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the roster on the backside on the team picture given away at Meet the Sioux, Stafford, although a sophomore, is still the youngest player on the team. He will turn 19 toward the end of this month.

According to the roster on the backside on the team picture given away at Meet the Sioux, Stafford, although a sophomore, is still the youngest player on the team. He will turn 19 toward the end of this month.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah...that would be just about right since he was busted at "the edge" when he was 17 :angry::(:) (Zach (18) vouched for him though :) ) GO SIOUX!! Man - I miss the Spud and those buck pitchers at 1pm :D:0 )