SiouxSports.com Forum

Manitoba @ UND Game thread

U2Bad1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple things that haven't been mentioned yet:

Considering that we play 6 important road games in the first 8, I was pleased to see the forward lines set up for balance ... saw that late last year when Blais split Bo and Zach for road games but played them toghether when we had last change.

Bet money we see Murray with Stafford and Zajac at some point in the year.

Even so, I liked the Porter-Spirko-Murray combo.  Looks like the coaches found 2 guys who can keep up with Brady's high tempo.  Porter seems faster than last year ... offseason powerskating (or a bad memory on my part?).

Disappointed in some of the veteran forwards ... who were mostly invisible.  Also in numerous multiple mental errors ... things they should know by now ... like don't try a drop pass when in traffic (led to a couple of MB's 2-on-1's).

On the other hand, the veteran D looked fine after the first 10 minutes.  That will be the strength of the team, barring multiple injuries.  I am NOT surprised we didn't see a lot of Radke; D is a harder position to learn than F.  He showed signs of raw talent, but made a couple obvious mistakes. 

Jake looked soft on the second goal, went down way too early. 

I'd like to see us use 2 defensemen on the powerplay, for the first month at least while we work the bugs out of the powerplay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I like Porter's play. It's why I liked him last year. He never stops moving! He isn't the flashy scorer, but he's the nitty gritty worker that every scoring forward needs.