SiouxSports.com Forum

Dataflix was Horrible!

OETKB

I wish it weren't so, but the webcast of the Delta State game was total garbage. Some brief periods of good streaming interrupted what was otherwise a grueling marathon of frustration.

I want someone to get on this thread from the Ralph or Dataflix and explain why these problems are not being solved.

I agree that the feed was absolutely unacceptable. I was considering paying the 200 dollars for the all inclusive package, but now will not pay the 9 dollars for a single game again. I will instead rely on the audio feed. It was extremely frustrating trying to figure out what was going on in the game today. I have a brand new computer and a DSL connection...the problem today was Dataflix. What a shame. This service has so much potential, but it gives us, the customers GARBAGE for a product.

Shame on Dataflix for putting out such a rotten product.

I also would like to hear the explanation for their poor product.

I agree, completely unacceptable performance. If the Ralph is going to sell a product at least make sure they have one. Right now they dont. I just dont understand why they would pretend to have something and not give us what we are asked to pay for?????

Montana has internet feeds for FREE for all the Griz games. The quality is a long ways from "TV quality", but it is probably having some high expectaions to think you can get TV quality off the internet. With all the money Englestad gave to UND I would think the ability would be there for free internet video feeds. I hope NDSU gets them soon too.

A rep from the Ralph was good enough to get back to me privately. The problem was apparently a poor internet connection on UND's end.

I was assured they were going to do everything possible to fix it for this Satruday's game. Since I already bought the full season, I sincerely hope so.

When Dataflix is streaming well, it is a great product. When it is skipping or frozen, it is very frustrating.

Montana has internet feeds for FREE for all the Griz games. The quality is a long ways from "TV quality", but it is probably having some high expectaions to think you can get TV quality off the internet. With all the money Englestad gave to UND I would think the ability would be there for free internet video feeds. I hope NDSU gets them soon too.

MLB.com has awesome near tv quality on their streams, why can't dataflix??