SiouxSports.com Forum

O-line

Never lost to the Bison

It's always fun to hear a team that has never played UND talk smack. You don't hear much of this garbage from teams that have played and know UND football.

And - Kupe 33 - I don't know much about Alaska football, except that your boy can play ball. I hope to be joining you again in Florence this year...

Kupe, how big are the schools up there?

Being all conference in a 400/class average conference is a lot different than being all conference in a 50/class average conference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bison,

The High Schools up here in the Anchorage area have approximately 2200-2400 student. Graduating classes have 600 kids. We have a small school league (less than 2000 students) and a Large school conference (2000 +) The school Chris played at and I coach is the large school conference.What about your schools?

It's always fun to hear a team that has never played UND talk smack.  You don't hear much of this garbage from teams that have played and know UND football. 

And - Kupe 33 - I don't know much about Alaska football, except that your boy can play ball.  I hope to be joining you again in Florence this year...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DC- Thank you for your kind words. Chris has worked very hard to get where he is and his mother and I are very proud. I'm hoping we will be in Florence once again this year .GO Sioux!!!!!!!!!

Kupe - I agree - your son is doing a great job for us!

A year or so ago, you indicated that you have another younger son or two who were likely to be pretty good FB players. What are the chances of seeing another Kuper at UND in the next few years? Also, do you know if the Sioux tried to recruit anyone else from Alaska last year? This upcoming year?

Kupe - I agree - your son is doing a great job for us!

A year or so ago, you indicated that you have another younger son or two who were likely to be pretty good FB players.  What are the chances of seeing another Kuper at UND in the next few years?  Also, do you know if the Sioux tried to recruit anyone else from Alaska last year?  This upcoming year?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND Fan,

My middle son is a Junior in high school this year. He is 6'1" 270 lbs and is interested in UND. This year there is a kid from North Pole AK that I heard was being recruited. He plays RB and this so far has rushed for 2200 yds and 33 TD's.

On Sat. he played against the best "D" in the state and rushed for 331 yds and 6 TD's. There are probably a bunch of D1 AA and D1A Schools looking at him but we can hope for the best.

There are 10-15 players that I can think of in the state that could play for UND. We have a bunch of kids that go to Minn-Crookston, I can think of 3 that I have coached in the last 5 years. We also send a bunch to Valley City every year, Black Hills State, and other ND and SD schools.

I am finally getting an opportunity to come down and see a game on Oct 16th and Nov 6th and of course when we go to Florence. Can't wait to start the tailgating.